website statistics

Nordic Combined at the FIS Nordic Skiing World Championships 2017

hckošice

Ok, so Finland has to win a medal in this after disasters in team sprints.

Only 30 seconds outside of silver after jumping. And they do have Manninen and Herola in the team, excellent skiers. Hirvonen and Mutru are very good too. :cheer:

#banbestmen

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

33 minutes ago, dcro said:

Ok, so Finland has to win a medal in this after disasters in team sprints.

Only 30 seconds outside of silver after jumping. And they do have Manninen and Herola in the team, excellent skiers. Hirvonen and Mutru are very good too. :cheer:

I'm definitely hoping with you, but I truly doubt it's possible..

Gold will of course be for Germany if nothing weird happens (which would mean Kircheisen would finally get a gold medal after such a huge career, the one and only reason I'm hoping for nothing weird to happen there).

That's three teams left that Finland has to overtake at least. Japan is probably possible, France should be possible although Braud was strong. I very much doubt they can pass Austria or Norway though...

My guess is Germany for gold, Norway for silver and Austria for bronze if Gerstgraser in last position can keep it together. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

4 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I'm definitely hoping with you, but I truly doubt it's possible..

Gold will of course be for Germany if nothing weird happens (which would mean Kircheisen would finally get a gold medal after such a huge career, the one and only reason I'm hoping for nothing weird to happen there).

That's three teams left that Finland has to overtake at least. Japan is probably possible, France should be possible although Braud was strong. I very much doubt they can pass Austria or Norway though...

My guess is Germany for gold, Norway for silver and Austria for bronze if Gerstgraser in last position can keep it together. 

Well, hoping that Kircheisen wins a gold today is like hoping that Martin Fourcade wins the overall WC. :lol: Chance of not happening 0.01% :p

#banbestmen

1 minute ago, dcro said:

Well, hoping that Kircheisen wins a gold today is like hoping that Martin Fourcade wins the overall WC. :lol: Chance of not happening 0.01% :p

I know, but I'm not cheering yet until it's there :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minute ago, dcro said:

I think it's possible that you care more about that gold than Kircheisen himself. :d

Yeah....nope :d 

Free money btw! (not really obviously)

9a27a0983c.png

Just now, dcro said:

Is there a bet about Germany winning by more than 2 minutes? :d

If it was a bigger sport there would be a winning margin bet, but not here :p