website statistics

Figure Skating ISU World Championships 2017

dcro

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pairs Olympic qualification standings after short program - 16 quotas on offer.

3 quotas - :CHN:RUS:CAN

2 quotas - :ITA:USA:GER

1 quota - :FRA

Even though :PRK:CZE:AUS qualified for free skate (top 16), none of them gets Olympic qualification provisionally (and that's very unlikely to change after free skate). Meanwhile, :USA and :GER get two quotas even though their second pairs didn't even qualify for the free skate.

Long live the loving relationship between ISU and rich big nations! :toast:

#banbestmen

vor 5 Minuten schrieb dcro:

Even though :PRK:CZE:AUS qualified for free skate (top 16), none of them gets Olympic qualification provisionally (and that's very unlikely to change after free skate). Meanwhile, :USA and :GER get two quotas even though their second pairs didn't even qualify for the free skate.

The problem is the ridiculously high thresholds.

I mean 14 points for 3 quota and 28!!! For two quota is a joke. This should be max. 10 and 20.

Anyway there is still hope. US could lose their 2nd quota. Al tough not very probable Canada 3rd quota could be in danger. And I don't think Germany actually will send two pairs they have tough internal qualification rules.

Edited by prso1000

8 minutes ago, prso1000 said:

The problem is the ridiculously high thresholds.

I mean 14 points for 3 quota and 28!!! For two quota is a joke. This should be max. 10 and 20.

Anyway there is still hope. US could lose their 2nd quota. Al tough not very probable Canada 3rd quota could be in danger. And I don't think Germany actually will send two pairs they have tough internal qualification rules.

Not that likely for USA. Even though Denney/Frazier finished 20th, they will still get 18 points instead of 20... That's the rule, if some counting pair/single skater does not qualify for free skate, the nation gets 18 points, no matter what the position was.

Also, if counting pair/skater qualifies for free skate, the nation can get max 16 points...

Edited by dcro

#banbestmen

3 minutes ago, intoronto said:

Wasn't their a rule that anyone that didn;t qualify for the long program would be ranked 17th .. so in that case France would qualify 2?

It's 18th, and no. Even though they should have 2, they can't have 2 because the max quota was already reached.

471af2f759fd4234a4ace841438a7e90.png

#banbestmen

vor 14 Minuten schrieb dcro:

I think  :FRA has two quota places right now. James/Cipres are their only pair, and if they finish 10th, then France has to places.

Or is it because only 16 pairs can qualify at the WCH?

Edit: The Question was answered, before it was asked. Thanks. :d

Edited by EselTheDonkey

vor 2 Minuten schrieb dcro:

Not that likely for USA. Even though Denney/Frazier finished 20th, they will still get 18 points instead of 20... That's the rule, if some counting pair/single skater does not qualify for free skate, the nation gets 18 points, no matter what the position was.

Also, if counting pair/skater qualifies for free skate, the nation can get max 16 points...

Ok i did not know that. Which means France would get 2 quota as well but as the max of 16 is already reached

vor 1 Minute schrieb dcro:

It's 18th, and no. Even though they should have 2, they can't have 2 because the max quota was already reached.

471af2f759fd4234a4ace841438a7e90.png

That is really not fair and favours big nations. Well it means our pair does not have a chance to qualify with 4 places left and such countries as CZE, AUS and PRK still without quota.  

vor 20 Minuten schrieb prso1000:

And I don't think Germany actually will send two pairs they have tough internal qualification rules.

The national qualification criteria are not published, yet, but if it's similar to the last Winter Games, then the second pair will have to reach at least 154 points in average during their best two international results. That's possible. Hase/Seegert got 147 points at the European Championships.

Edited by EselTheDonkey