website statistics

Football Qualification for Summer Olympic Games 2016

hckošice

Why is it impossible to find video footage of the foul that led to the penalty for Colombia? Apparently there's quite a bit of fuss about it being nothing but a dive..

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

MEN'S  CONCACAF/CONMEBOL PLAY-OFF

Knock-Out Round

2 Nations, Home/Away Matches, Winning Nation will Qualify to the Men´s Olympic Football Tournament

2nd Leg Result

(2)  :USA United States  1 - 2  Colombia :COL (3)

(Half-Time Score: 0-1)

29th March 2016, h. 20:30 (GMT -5), Toyota Stadium, Frisco

Following Nation Has Qualified for Men´s Football Tournament at the Summer Olympic Games 2016

• :COL Colombia

1 hour ago, Maxim Fastovsky said:

USA played really bad, defensive, didnt deserve to qualify and probably shouldn't, i dont want our teams to embarrass us. rather have one less team and hope for medal in ever team sport we are in

In general i agree with you, there shouldnt be any "tourists" at olympic games, but ...

... lets be honest: You wouldve been really happy if your team wouldve qualified?!

I think the same about our teams in mens water polo or mens rugby, but they really wouldve been chanceless in Rio, your mens football team probably wouldnt have advanced to the next round, but i think they at least wouldve been a worthy opponent for the other teams.

I think your problem is that you play with too many players who grew up in Europe, you should try to "create" your own talents and your second problem is that your league is too weak, your homegrown players cant play at the highest level. 

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

3 hours ago, OlympicsFan said:

In general i agree with you, there shouldnt be any "tourists" at olympic games, but ...

... lets be honest: You wouldve been really happy if your team wouldve qualified?!

I think the same about our teams in mens water polo or mens rugby, but they really wouldve been chanceless in Rio, your mens football team probably wouldnt have advanced to the next round, but i think they at least wouldve been a worthy opponent for the other teams.

I think your problem is that you play with too many players who grew up in Europe, you should try to "create" your own talents and your second problem is that your league is too weak, your homegrown players cant play at the highest level

American Soccer is mostly pretenders, they cant win away in qualifying (3-0 loss to guatemala!!!) they cant win the big one in the world cup. We have a team who will make it tough for big names, maybe get one big win (almost beat portugal) but when it comes to money time like Belgium in the second round in brazil, the americans simply cant win (and even worse is the loss to ghana 4 years before that)