website statistics

Athletics IAAF Under 18 World Championships 2017

Werloc

:clap: and now she cleared 1.92 & refused from 1.94:

В 17.05.2017 в 20:07, Xander сказал:

HJ. 15 years old :UKR Yaroslava Mahuchikh has just jumped 1.90 & refused from jumping 1.93 :yikes:

Edited by Xander

vor 4 Stunden schrieb Werloc:

Our girl in bronze, but the German in 5th place has a very good 800m. time :dunno:

The german girl was injured yesterday and still might be, i doubt that she will run close to her PB today.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

vor 3 Stunden schrieb Werloc:

It's a bit disappointing that this is the last edition of World U18. So many young athletes performing so well, getting the experience needed for further competitions.

True, i actually might prefer those junior competitions to the senior competitions. I think there is much less doping and the athletes seem to be a lot closer/more friendly towards each other + you see some very surprising results, for example the winner of mens high jump (who looks as if he isnt even 6 feet tall by the way -> amazing talent) improved his PB by 6 cm today, you basically never get that at senior level, so the results are much more surprising. If IAAF thinks that those athletes are too young, then maybe they could create U19 and U21 world championships instead.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

In case anyone didnt know:

All the sessions are streamed live (+ on demand) on the IAAF Youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qn6opDhtHxU

5 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

True, i actually might prefer those junior competitions to the senior competitions. I think there is much less doping and the athletes seem to be a lot closer/more friendly towards each other + you see some very surprising results, for example the winner of mens high jump (who looks as if he isnt even 6 feet tall by the way -> amazing talent) improved his PB by 6 cm today, you basically never get that at senior level, so the results are much more surprising. If IAAF thinks that those athletes are too young, then maybe they could create U19 and U21 world championships instead.

The IAAF is basically wanting to create a continental championship for this age group 

Sad, there are already european u18/u20 championships, so nothing will change for european talents, i just liked that all those young talents from all over the world were allowed to compete against each other, getting to know new (non-european) countries and new cultures. Most of them will probably never get the chance to compete at u20/senior world championships, so this was a once in a lifetime moment for many of them.