website statistics

Athletics IAAF Under 18 World Championships 2017

Werloc

Ooooooooh damn, did someone see that 400m hurdles girls final? :yikes::yikes:

Sanique Walker of Jamaica had a huge lead, dominated the race, but almost tripped over the last hurdle and Zeney van der Walt of South Africa came back to take the gold by passing her in the last meter :yikes:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

40 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

The german girl was injured yesterday and still might be, i doubt that she will run close to her PB today.

Well she seems to have recovered pretty well, seeing as she ran a PB of 200m. right after the injury and did pretty well in other disciplines as well.

That Brazilian dude in the 400m hurdles is getting bold rather early.. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

That domination by Sokwakhana in the 400m hurdles, insane :lol::bowdown:

29 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

Sad, there are already european u18/u20 championships, so nothing will change for european talents, i just liked that all those young talents from all over the world were allowed to compete against each other, getting to know new (non-european) countries and new cultures. Most of them will probably never get the chance to compete at u20/senior world championships, so this was a once in a lifetime moment for many of them.

Yeah, exactly, I agree with you completely. The atmosphere is very friendly, everyone making friends, plus it's a huge boost for the youngsters to work harder towards something. Plus so many good results, as you mentioned earlier the high jump, as well as the triple jumper. Really disappointing this is the last one, we have very good talent born in the 2003, but seeing as U18 is limited to 2002 for next year, that means they get their first championship in 3 years.

44 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

In case anyone didnt know:

All the sessions are streamed live (+ on demand) on the IAAF Youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qn6opDhtHxU

Sadly it doesn't work in every country, but at least it looks like people in many countries can follow it this way. There's also the Eurosport Player, for people who want to watch it but live in a country where the IAAF stream doesn't work (like the Netherlands). 

35 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

Sad, there are already european u18/u20 championships, so nothing will change for european talents, i just liked that all those young talents from all over the world were allowed to compete against each other, getting to know new (non-european) countries and new cultures. Most of them will probably never get the chance to compete at u20/senior world championships, so this was a once in a lifetime moment for many of them.

Exactly this. 14.gif

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

Sadly it doesn't work in every country, but at least it looks like people in many countries can follow it this way. There's also the Eurosport Player, for people who want to watch it but live in a country where the IAAF stream doesn't work (like the Netherlands). 

Oh, that's pretty unfortunate. I'm watching everything on Youtube.

Just now, Werloc said:

Oh, that's pretty unfortunate. I'm watching everything on Youtube.

Well for me personally it makes no difference since I already have a Eurosport Player subscription anyway :p