Jump to content

Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account


hckosice

European Summer Youth Olympic Festival 2017

Recommended Posts

vor 25 Minuten schrieb dareza:

Few great results in swimming:

 

52,06 for Russian swimmer Minakov on 100 butterfly :hyper:

1:00.87 for Vaskina from Russia on 100 backstroke :bowdown:

 

I dont think the time for Vaskina is that impressive, Atherton and Smith have both been much faster already. Of course its still a great time. 52.06 on the other hand is a great time for a guy born in 2002, Russia seems to produce tons of great butterfliers on the mens side, first Pakhomov, then Kuimov and now Minakov. Mens butterfly is clearly the discipline with the most talent right now, hopefully some of those guys will battle it out at junior worlds. We are potentially looking at sub 52 and sub 1:55 to medal at junior worlds ...

Just as a reminder the championship records in those events are 52.28 by Pakhomov from 2015 and 1:56.42 by Seliskar from 2013.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, OlympicsFan said:

I dont think the time for Vaskina is that impressive, Atherton and Smith have both been much faster already. Of course its still a great time. 52.06 on the other hand is a great time for a guy born in 2002, Russia seems to produce tons of great butterfliers on the mens side, first Pakhomov, then Kuimov and now Minakov. Mens butterfly is clearly the discipline with the most talent right now, hopefully some of those guys will battle it out at junior worlds. We are potentially looking at sub 52 and sub 1:55 to medal at junior worlds ...

Just as a reminder the championship records in those events are 52.28 by Pakhomov from 2015 and 1:56.42 by Seliskar from 2013.

 

Pakhomov was not that impressive on this WC. Maybe he will be better, but I think he is not guy for good results in future,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rather interesting seeing Elynor Bäckstedt taking a medal in the Women's ITT. 

She's the daughter of former Paris-Roubaix winner and stage winner in the Tour de France, Magnus Bäckstedt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Agger said:

Rather interesting seeing Elynor Bäckstedt taking a medal in the Women's ITT. 

She's the daughter of former Paris-Roubaix winner and stage winner in the Tour de France, Magnus Bäckstedt.

 

One of my favourite cyclists back in the days, unstoppable force on the bike :bowdown:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 Medals for us 2x silver and 1 bronze.

all in sprint canoeing !!!

all 3 from today :thumbup:

 

3 more than was the plan :d

 

 

Silvers

Lucia Valová in C1-500m W

and in Mixed K4-500m  (Richard Németh, Martin Hvojník, Romana Jakubisová and Karolína Seregiová)

Bronze

K2-500m M  (Richard Németh, Martin Hvojník)

 

 

our mixed K4 with the medals :)

 

9k=

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, hckosice said:

3 Medals for us 2x silver and 1 bronze.

all in sprint canoeing !!!

all 3 from today :thumbup:

 

3 more than was the plan :d

 

 

Silvers

Lucia Valová in C1-500m W

and in Mixed K4-500m  (Richard Németh, Martin Hvojník, Romana Jakubisová and Karolína Seregiová)

Bronze

K2-500m M  (Richard Németh, Martin Hvojník)

 

 

our mixed K4 with the medals :)

 

 

 

 

4 :p

http://egts-web.different.hu/assets/results/84c03-resultlist-24329.pdf

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, dareza said:

 

yay :thumbup: what a super wednesday :lol:

 

btw apparently in the canoeing sprint due to limited conditions in the small lake they use only 4 lanes :d there some preliminary races, then heates, semifinals and best 4 advance for the finals, remaining 4 to the final "B" for 5th-8th places :d

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, hckosice said:

 

yay :thumbup: what a super wednesday :lol:

 

btw apparently in the canoeing sprint due to limited conditions in the small lake they use only 4 lanes :d there some preliminary races, then heates, semifinals and best 4 advance for the finals, remaining 4 to the final "B" for 5th-8th places :d

 

lol. but still better than canoeing on YOG :d:lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The wind in Györ really doesn't know what it wants, look at heat 3 :d 

 

641be3ab21.png

 

Pajak improving by 1,24 seconds from heat to semi's :p 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wait what, we have 2 gold medals in the athletics today (and a bronze) :hyper:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×