website statistics

Biathlon IBU World Championships 2017

heywoodu

Although the World Championships are the most important thing at the moment, I am very hyped up about the Youth & Junior World Championships and in Slovakia out of all places! :d If I am not mistaken, we are going to be sending a huge team and we might even get some decent results on the Youth side and Junior women. @hckosice Will you be going to watch the races live?

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, Werloc said:

Although the World Championships are the most important thing at the moment, I am very hyped up about the Youth & Junior World Championships and in Slovakia out of all places! :d If I am not mistaken, we are going to be sending a huge team and we might even get some decent results on the Youth side and Junior women. @hckosice Will you be going to watch the races live?

Our public channel already announced that they will cover the competition live, so if I´ll not be at work during the races, certainly I´ll try to see the lot I willl be able from the championships :)

1 minute ago, hckosice said:

Our public channel already announced that they will cover the competition live, so if I´ll not be at work during the races, certainly I´ll try to see the lot I willl be able from the championships :)

I would offer you a friendly rivalry, but your youngsters will probably blow us away :d

45 minutes ago, Werloc said:

Although the World Championships are the most important thing at the moment, I am very hyped up about the Youth & Junior World Championships and in Slovakia out of all places! :d If I am not mistaken, we are going to be sending a huge team 

Including Jesipionok? Because that's one girl Gabi :BRA can beat on skiing speed so that'd be good for us :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

6 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Including Jesipionok? Because that's one girl Gabi :BRA can beat on skiing speed so that'd be good for us :p 

Sorry to spoil your victory parade, but Jesipionok should be starting in the Youth Race, because she's three years younger than Gabriela :d By the way, that's the only reason why I actually believe in our Youth team, because 4 of our 16,17 y.o.'s managed to get into top 45-60 on the junior's cup on a few occasions, when nearly all of their competition was 20/21.

Edit: You'll only be getting Leščinskaitė and Vitkūnaitė for this one and they are not very easy targets as of yet :p

Edited by Werloc

Just now, Werloc said:

Sorry to spoil your victory parade, but Jesipionok should be starting in the Youth Race, because she's three years younger than Gabriela :d 

Ooooh hold on, that's true :lol:

Oh well, there's plenty of other girls Gabi can beat then, qualifying for the pursuit in her last YJWCH remains the big goal :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

7 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Ooooh hold on, that's true :lol:

Oh well, there's plenty of other girls Gabi can beat then, qualifying for the pursuit in her last YJWCH remains the big goal :p 

Yeah, if everything goes well and Jesipionok, Dindaitė, Romanov and Mačkinė stick with this sport, I'm expecting a brighter future for our Biathlon in the next 4-5 years, because unlike most of our previous generations, these guys have fundamental shooting skills and ability to hit targets from a young age, whilst all of our other athletes would just try to ski super fast and miss 5-6 during sprints and 8-12 during pursuits. I don't know what changed in these couple of years in our training, but it seems that we started teaching biathletes how to think during the race.

Edit: A good example would be Diana Rasimovičiūtė's shooting pattern during the stand (1, 2, 5, 4, 3), sometimes it's 1,2,5,3,4, also on some occasions she starts from the second one and goes to five etc. You wouldn't see our youngsters doing that :d

Edited by Werloc

6 minutes ago, Werloc said:

Yeah, if everything goes well and Jesipionok, Dindaitė, Romanov and Mačkinė stick with this sport, I'm expecting a brighter future for our Biathlon in the next 4-5 years, because unlike most of our previous generations, these guys have fundamental shooting skills and ability to hit targets from a young age, whilst all of our other athletes would just try to ski super fast and miss 5-6 during sprints and 8-12 during pursuits. I don't know what changed in these couple of years in our training, but it seems that we started teaching biathletes how to think during the race.

Edit: A good example would be Diana Rasimovičiūtė's shooting pattern during the stand (1, 2, 5, 4, 3), sometimes it's 1,2,5,3,4, also on some occasions she starts from the second one and goes to five etc. You wouldn't see our youngsters doing that :d

I never got those weird patterns :lol:

I mean, I can get when you start at 3, Gabi once explained me that it's easier to point your rifle to the middle of the target board, but 1, 2, 5, 3, 4? :d 

4 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I never got those weird patterns :lol:

I mean, I can get when you start at 3, Gabi once explained me that it's easier to point your rifle to the middle of the target board, but 1, 2, 5, 3, 4? :d 

Funniest thing is that she produced one of the fastest shooting times that day and only missed one :d But 90% of the time she misses 2 in the stand. Though it is quite upsetting discussing about Diana's career, because in a better country she could have been one of the best, but Lithuania ruined her. There were times when her shooting speed was one of the best and she needed to slow it down and she would produce top 10/top 20 ski speed's. :( Props to Teja Gregorin for aging gracefully :yes

So, Great and absolutely amazing 8th place of our relay today, with some better luck especially in shooting it could have been even better. but we are more than happy also with thsi 8th place, after terrible season we earned our best season result at the world championship, a nice income.

Interesting fact all our girls had today almost equal skiing times :woot: Paulína 16:07. Nastya 15:49, Ivona 15:56 (it was the 5th fastest time of her leg) and Janka 15:27, ofc Paulína had the longest leg and Gereková the shortest.

Especiall Gereková has been absolutely phenomenal today, 10/10 shooting, and very good skiing she even beat Domracheva in head to head battle in her leg.

Very Nice and satisfying result today, hopefully it will help Paulína and Nastya to improve their confidence before the Sundays Mass Start.

In the Nations Cup we are still 17th..but the margin is now considerable, 18th Japan is now 405 points behind and for the WOG 21st S. Korea is 913 points behind..

Spoiler

4AAAAASUVORK5CYII=

Tomorrow the men´s relay

Our relay will be in this order

1. Matej Kazár
  2. Martin Otčenáš
  3. Tomáš Hasilla
  4. Michal Šíma

Tomorrows Men´s Relay Start List