website statistics

Alpine Skiing FIS World Championships 2017

hckošice

11 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Oh come on, putting Haugen in that list is just not fair :lol:

He's been a rather consistent top-15 skier for a couple of years already including two 4th places this season, taking a medal was just bound to happen :p 

Still, no podium before, never better than 16th at big events... I'd say that's less pedigree than Bailey. :d

#banbestmen

• Replies 660
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, dcro said:

Still, no podium before, never better than 16th at big events... I'd say that's less pedigree than Bailey. :d

Not fair neither, Bailey has 3 or 4 chances per big event, which is then held every year :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Zubčić had a short interview after the second run.

Zubčić: "My second run was lame. I skied like some chicken and destroyed everything good from the first run"

Journalist: "Well, you are within top 20 in the World. That's still something"

Zubčić: "That means nothing to me. You don't even get WCSL points for that, it's like I had a DNF."

:p

Edited by dcro

#banbestmen

FIS ALPINE SKIING

WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS

v2H+QX54IegN0OnrB8mrR+Prge6PtUDXQ90faoHu

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Men's Giant Slalom
Final Results

AUT.gif HIRSCHER Marcel
2:13.311:06.73+1:06.58

AUT.gif LEITINGER Roland
2:13.561:07.26+1:06.30

NOR.gif HAUGEN Leif Kristian
2:14.021:07.27+1:06.75

Hirscher adds missing GS medal to collection at St. Moritz

2Q==

Austrian Marcel Hirscher lived up to the hype on Friday to collect his sixth career medal, third gold and second of the 2017 St. Moritz Ski World Championships winning the giant slalom. Leading his teammate Philipp Schoerghofer by 0.26 seconds after the first run, Hirscher skied lights out to ultimately claim the win by 0.25 seconds over another teammate, Roland "Roli" Leitinger. 

“I’m very tired at the moment but unbelievable feelings, one of the toughest races we had this season so far, and I’m very thankful for this,” said Hirscher. “The GS was the gold medal that I had yet to win so today’s race had great meaning for me. I’m also really happy for Roland, he’s worked hard for this and to share the podium." 

It was the first ever podium of Leitinger's career, whose best World Cup result is sixth in Soelden in 2015. He had yet to crack the top-10 this season. The Austrians were joined on the podium by another first-timer, Leif Kristian Haugen of Norway. 

“Amazing, it is my first podium and to get it in the world Championships is amazing,” said Haugen. I was really on my limit and I was nervous. I’ve been close to the top three the last few seasons but couldn’t crack it, so it’s great to do it today.”

Haugen finished fourth in the parallel GS earlier this season in Alta Badia and was also fourth in the Kitzbuehel slalom. 

Athletes competed under partly cloudy skies in the first run before light snowfall started in the second run. 

During today's training of the PC-7 Swiss air team at 11:30 CET in the finish area of Salastrains, one of the planes touched the wing cam cable camera. This caused a tear in the cable, causing the camera to fall down. No one was hurt in the incident, and the plane landed safely in Samedan at the regional airport. 

For security reasons, the operation of the chairlift was briefly stopped. This caused the second run to be postponed from 13:00 to 13:30. 

Full Results Here

Marcel Hirscher

Giant Slalom World Champion 2017

1st Run

2nd Run

Race Replay

1st Run

2nd Run

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Tomorrow I have to go to work :wall: right in the slalom WCh day...this must be a destiny or something...hopefully I´ll be able to find a way to somehow follow the race. anyway Good luck Girls ! Let write our history !  The whole country is going to support you tomorrow  :cheer::fingers: