website statistics

Wrestling UWW European Championships 2017

Federer91

Great final day with 2 medals :clap:I knew Abdelslam had potential, but getting a gold in his first european champioship is amazing. :bowdown: If he continues with the same dedication and enthusiasm he showed today, he will have a very bright future ahead of him. :yes Overall i'm very happy with our results, it was more than what i anticipated, it's a start in the right direction in the new Olympic cycle!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

24 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

Great final day with 2 medals :clap:I knew Abdelslam had potential, but getting a gold in his first european champioship is amazing. :bowdown: If he continues with the same dedication and enthusiasm he showed today, he will have a very bright future ahead of him. :yes Overall i'm very happy with our results, it was more than what i anticipated, it's a start in the right direction in the new Olympic cycle!

It's quite ironic to see Bulgaria having a foreign athlete bringing success. :d

#banbestmen

30 minutes ago, dareza said:

what a debacle for Ukraine.

They have an interestingly bad trend in summer sports.

Beijing 2008 - 22 medals

London 2012 - 18 medals

Rio 2016 - 11 medals

Edited by dcro

#banbestmen

30 minutes ago, dcro said:

well, in Wrestling they have a tradition in "buying" (better, taking advantage of their decisions...because I don't think they actually bought those athletes in the same way Azerbaijan, Qatar etc. - just to make an example - do) and not only in selling talents...

remember the lights of the Nazarian, Moureiko, Guri...all of them winning global medals for Bulgaria, but coming from different Countries...

by the way, we live in a global world, so to me it's quite normal to see athletes travelling to find better chances, like any other people do...

the only thing that sports officials should do is avoiding - no matter how - shameful situations like those of Azerbaijan, Turkey and/or the Gulf Countries (and Greece in the past, nowadays I don't think they are a "threat" in that sense anymore)...

28 minutes ago, dcro said:

Well, sadly our mens results aren't what they used to be. Bar some flash in the pan, in the last 7-8 years, it is increasingly rare that we have a finalist at a big championship. Our usual level has become the 1/4 or a few bronze medalists in lucky. By far our women are our stongest team. They usually have more medals from 8 categories than the men have from 16.

12 minutes ago, phelps said:

well, in Wrestling they have a tradition in "buying" (better, taking advantage of their decisions...because I don't think they actually bought those athletes in the same way Azerbaijan, Qatar etc. - just to make an example - do) and not only in selling talents...

remember the lights of the Nazarian, Moureiko, Guri...all of them winning global medals for Bulgaria, but coming from different Countries...

by the way, we live in a global world, so to me it's quite normal to see athletes travelling to find better chances, like any other people do...

the only thing that sports officials should do is avoiding - no matter how - shameful situations like those of Azerbaijan, Turkey and/or the Gulf Countries (and Greece in the past, nowadays I don't think they are a "threat" in that sense anymore)...

Now, now, tradition, those are 4 names for 20 years. Let's not get the list from this championship of countries which have, and how much, foreign wrestlers. There is hardly any european nation that doesn't have some foreign wrestlers. :evil:

5 hours ago, MHSN said:

this is really shame, I always hate it when athletes switch countries to win medals for somewhere else than their homeland. that guy Haithem is talented too. remember him had a close match with our legendary Sourian in his prime days.

with how things work in USA, they will surely give him chance to represent the USA in international competitions

Ofc. , and after Tarek's achievement today , this will encourage many other players to follow his foot prints , so i won't be surprised at all if he represents USA in the coming days