website statistics

Weightlifting EWF European Championships 2017

Federer91

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

European Weightlifting Championships in Croatia of all places. :d

It's quite nice that IWF gives European championships to small weightlifting nations. Last year it was Norway, and before that Israel and Albania.

#banbestmen

51 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

How is the interest in Croatia, is it even know their are such championships. :d

Yeah, it has been mentioned. :d

There was a press conference about it few days ago, and the tickets will apparently be free.

#banbestmen

2 hours ago, Federer91 said:

2 days until the Euro Champs, @heywoodu are you excited :d This time with Bulgaria in supporting role, well until they detect us and kick us out. :rolleyes: Not a big team from what i found, though it would mark the return of Ivan Markov.

Does Eurosport show it again? If yes: I am excited :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, Gianlu33 said:

Yes, Eurosport will show it

Just saw it, wonderful, I'll get the Dutch weightlifting fans rallied up on the Dutch forum :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Waiting for the Start list but based on the entry list the level will be quite good. Russia is sending a strong team after missing the Olympics and since there is a big possibility for them to miss the next WCh.

and this is the first ever Women's 90kg competition, so we will probably have some new world records there.

ps: based on IWF rules, countries with more than 3 positive tests from 2008 and 2012 Olympic re-testing will receive 1 year ban from the competition but nothing yet since the process is not finished yet !! Moldova, Russia, Azerbaijan, Armenia, Ukraine and Belarus are in this list. (plus China and Kazakhstan from Asia)

Imagine European Champs without those countries I listed :d when IWF said they will ban countries with 3 doping violences , I'm sure they didn't expect to have this list in their hands to ban !

This sounds like it's gonna be fun :banana:

e1f3aa5a42.png