website statistics

Men's Volleyball FIVB World League 2017

VolleyRuller96

Why should Netherlands even play the Final Four? Even if they win the tournament, they won't play in Group I next year. We have no opportunity to collect points for the World Ranking and OG-qualification, neither have for example Belgium, Slovenia and Finland. So, the 12 OG-teams will be from the chosen World League teams. It's a shame!

23 minutes ago, Tokyoyo said:

Why should Netherlands even play the Final Four? Even if they win the tournament, they won't play in Group I next year. We have no opportunity to collect points for the World Ranking and OG-qualification, neither have for example Belgium, Slovenia and Finland. So, the 12 OG-teams will be from the chosen World League teams. It's a shame!

I agree. Personally I think the teams should boycott the next World League if these changes take place. Perhaps even create their own tournament, like basketball clubs did some years ago. I would not be surprised if the stronger team joined too, as they have their reasons to be angry at FiVB,

My favourite Volleyball position: LIBERO. You ask why? Look here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyIOarNAONk

3 minutes ago, VolleyRuller96 said:

I agree. Personally I think the teams should boycott the next World League if these changes take place. Perhaps even create their own tournament, like basketball clubs did some years ago. I would not be surprised if the stronger team joined too, as they have their reasons to be angry at FiVB,

That for basketball is joke. It was fight between FIBA and ULEB. FIBA has made new competition (Champion Legaue) and it turned out to be a total debacle. Champion league in basketball is funny comptiton . All the best teams are in Euroleague.

Here is totally different situation.

6 hours ago, George_D said:

World League 2017 Final Round:

Group J1: :BRA, :CAN. :RUS

Group K1: :FRA, :SRB, :USA

Last time Canada was in the final 6, they got Russia and Brazil. However they did get one victory back then, so maybe they could do it this time too.

2 hours ago, VolleyRuller96 said:

Actually those bigger teams are happy with these changes because FIVB promised them more money with the new format. like it or not Volleyball is alive mostly with east Asian money

beside that when you look at the WL ranking, I think only 2 or 3 teams deserve more here. Belgium, Slovenia and maybe the Netherlands. AUS, Japan, China and Korea were ranked 15th, 16th, 17th and 18th. so putting them in a 16-team tournament doesn't seem very wrong.

Apparently Slovenian federation plans to sue FIVB if the new rules will be applied. Slovakian and Dutch federations which will be totally eliminated from World League under the new system stated they will support the Slovenian federation.

My favourite Volleyball position: LIBERO. You ask why? Look here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyIOarNAONk

1 hour ago, VolleyRuller96 said:

Apparently Slovenian federation plans to sue FIVB if the new rules will be applied. Slovakian and Dutch federations which will be totally eliminated from World League under the new system stated they will support the Slovenian federation.

What you mean exactly about totally eliminated ? :d