website statistics

Men's Volleyball FIVB World League 2017

VolleyRuller96

18 minutes ago, hckosice said:

What you mean exactly about totally eliminated ? :d

According to our media, there will only be one group next year. Most of the teams that currently participate  in Group 2  and 3 excluding Japan, China, Korea, Australia and Germany won't be able to play anymore.

My favourite Volleyball position: LIBERO. You ask why? Look here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyIOarNAONk

That would suck for those second tier teams, but it's not something unheard off. Until couple of years back the League was pretty much an invitational with  12-16 teams. No divisions, no nothing and many considered it the strongest competition. Of course now we have more stronger teams, like a Slovenia, than then and it's not easy to pick which teams should play. 

22 minutes ago, VolleyRuller96 said:

According to our media, there will only be one group next year. Most of the teams that currently participate  in Group 2  and 3 excluding Japan, China, Korea, Australia and Germany won't be able to play anymore.

ah well, that´s definitely unpleasant, but well, who cares about a 5 million country with any eventual or realistic marketing volleyball profit :d

so we´ll play Europa League ?

16 minutes ago, hckosice said:

ah well, that´s definitely unpleasant, but well, who cares about a 5 million country with any eventual or realistic marketing volleyball profit :d

so we´ll play Europa League ?

Nothing is known yet about what will happen with excluded countries. They might play European  League but with teams like Albania or Luxembourg the level is so low and costs high  I think they will just not play at all :(

My favourite Volleyball position: LIBERO. You ask why? Look here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyIOarNAONk

whatsapp_image_2017-05-28_at_14.44.38.jp

As many of you know, the World League finals will be played at Arena da Baixada in Curitiba, one of the World Cup stadiums. The arena received a friendly match last year, which was a huge success (now they'll have seats closer to the action, like in World Championship 2014). While most of the matches have an "okay" schedule (at 15h00 and 17h00 local time), the final will be played at 23h00 (!). At least it will be in a Saturday, but I do hope Brazil reaches the final, otherwise I don't see many people wanting to watch someting like France vs Serbia this late. Oh, and aparently @hukbrazil will watch some matches there :thumbup:

292916_635165_dsc_9344_fTRE7fy.jpg