website statistics

Women's Volleyball FIVB World Championship 2018

MHSN

• 1 month later...

Tommorow's Matches of FIVB Women's World Championships Qualification tournament played in Warsaw, Poland :clap:

15:30 CEST :CZE Czech Republic 3-1 :SVK Slovakia ( 18-25 ; 25-15 ; 25-17 ; 25-16 )

18:00 CEST :ISL Iceland 0-3 :SRB Serbia ( 13-25 ; 15-25 ; 9-25 )

20:30 CEST :CYP Cyprus 0-3 :POL Poland  ( 14-25 ; 17-25 ;15-25 )

Edited by VolleyRuller96

My favourite Volleyball position: LIBERO. You ask why? Look here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyIOarNAONk

Today's games of FIVB women's world championship qualification tournament in Warsaw

15:30 CEST :CZE Czech Republic 0-3 :SRB Serbia ( 19-25 ; 18-25 ; 24-26)

18:00 CEST :CYP Cyprus 0-3 :SVK Slovakia ( 25-15 ; 25-13 ; 25-10 )

20:30 CEST :ISL Iceland 0-3 :POL Poland ( 16-25 ; 5-25 ; 18-25 )

Edited by VolleyRuller96

My favourite Volleyball position: LIBERO. You ask why? Look here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyIOarNAONk

Serbia and Poland keep perfect record at women’s World Champs qualifier 

Warsaw, Poland, May 24, 2017. Serbia and Poland claimed their second straight 3-0 victory on the second competition day of the European qualifier to the 2018 FIVB Volleyball Women’s World Championship taking place this week at Torwar Hall in Warsaw. Serbia beat the Czech Republic in three sets and Poland achieved the same result in their matchup with underdogs Iceland. Slovakia bounced back from their loss to the Czech Republic the day before to rout Cyprus in three sets to complete Wednesday’s programme. 

The first match of the second competition day between the Czech Republic and pre-favourites Serbia might have been one of the decisive ones for the final standing of the World Championship qualifier in Warsaw. The 2016 Olympic silver medallists did not disappoint and cruised steadily to win the first two sets 25-19 and 25-18 almost unchallenged and not for the lack of skills on the Czech side. Coach Zdenek Pommer’s team doubled their efforts in set three and accumulated a substantial point advantage (12-5), but Serbia showed their experience and kept coming back for a thrilling finish, eventually winning 3-0 (25-19, 25-18, 26-24).

“Maintaining our concentration throughout the game is something that we will try to improve for the next games. We are happy with this 3-0 win. Every match and point counts here. The Czech Republic played really well, especially in defence and I think they are one of the best teams in this tournament,” said Serbia star player Tijana Boskovic, who scored an impressive number of 28 points for her team.

190852__PSU0615.jpg

Later in the afternoon, Cyprus managed to score only 38 points in the three sets they played against Slovakia. Very efficient reception gave the Slovakian team many opportunities for their attacks, which they mostly converted throughout the match. When they paired this with some good serving, only a 3-0 ending was to be expected and indeed this scenario came true after only 66 minutes of play (25-15, 25-13, 25-10). 

“This tournament and match is a great experience for my team. Our aim is to win gold in the Small Countries Division, so playing here is very good for my players,” said Petros Patsias, coach of Cyprus.

“These three points are important, but the big thing for me is that this was the first official game, and not an easy one from the mental side, for some of our very young, new players – the libero and the opposite. Letting them play in a real, national team game is important for our future,” said Slovakia coach Marek Rojko.

221000__PSU1017.jpg

Poland pleased their fans in Warsaw not only with a three-point win, but also with their style of play, presenting a variety of successful attacks, while Iceland gave away quite a few points. The hosts only stepped up their game in set no. 2, finishing it with a rarely seen score of 25-5. This pace was hard to maintain at all times and coach Jacek Nawrocki’s players slowed down a bit in the beginning of set three, but that was just a short break before they went on to close the match 3-0 (25-16, 25-5, 25-18).

“Our performance in the second set was really good, and regardless of how the opponents played, we made a minimal number of own mistakes and that was enough. In the other two sets my players looked tense again – wanting too much too fast and this is not good for the flow of the game,” said Nawrocki.

“For us, for the second line-up, it was an important game – to go out there and take the responsibility for the match, especially when everyone expects a perfect result,” said home star Maja Tokarska

Today's games of FIVB women's world championship qualification tournament in Warsaw

15:30 :CYP Cyprus 0-3 :SRB Serbia ( 25-10 ;25-12 ; 25-15 )

18:00 :ISL Iceland 0-3 :CZE Czech Republic (6-25 ; 7-25 ; 13-25 )

20;30 :POL Poland 3-1 :SVK Slovakia ( 25-19 ; 25-15 ; 26-28 ; 25-19 )

Edited by VolleyRuller96