website statistics

Men's Volleyball FIVB World Championship 2018

Gianlu33

Netherlands beat Argentina, 3-2

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Iran was a mess in last (and only) preparation tournament in Slovenia. coach was still trying to test players etc. obviously sending the first team to the Asian Games wasn't a good idea regarding to this competition. but let's see what they can do when the real tournament starts. 4 years ago Iran lost 4 times to USA in friendlies right before the Worlds but managed to beat USA 3-2 when it mattered :d

btw, watching Iran-Slovenia match, I noticed more than of half of commercials around the court are in Persian language :d no wonder why FIVB isn't interested to have Slovenia in the World/Nations League. even if they technically deserve to be in top 16 of the World.

The champion will be France, Russia or less likely USA. Brazil doesn't have chance to be champions this time, but still should get top 6 finish.

Italy who knows... I see them making semis but I also could see them losing a group game...

21 minuti fa, LDOG ha scritto:

Two questions:

What would have happened if there was rainy weather in Rome today? 

Why all the other teams must wait 3 days to play their first match??

In case of raining, PalaLottomatica was supposed to host the match. 

I can’t answer the other question, I find it weird too. It’s ok make this kind of opening, I would have planned to play the other matches tomorrow and then on Thursday the second pool matches

Edited by AlFHg

In case of rain, Italy and Japan would have played (indoor) tomorrow evening, so it makes sense to not schedule other games tomorrow in order to have a proper opening match (for the Italian part of the championship). No idea why they don't play on Tuesday.