Top Posters In This Topic

Average forehand speed at #RG17

Thiem - 84MPH
Wawrinka - 81MPH
Nadal - 79MPH 
Ostapenko - 76MPH
Murray- 73MPH

That is bloody impressive :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 hour ago, Federer91 said:

Halep is the only one that could save the wta at this point...

She's as mentally stable as most random WTA players...I'd be surprised if she hangs out in the top longer than a year or two before doing what every woman in tennis except for Serena does: rise to the top, fall far far back, get a good result again, be kicked out in a 1st round etc. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 minutes ago, dareza said:

I remember  that Ana Ivanovic in 2008 had one forhend 105 mph. LOL

:d 

But that's one, this is the average over the entire tournament :p 

Just now, dcro said:

Do you happen to know how fast is the fastest one? :d

Nope, I just saw this posted somewhere :p 

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

That is bloody impressive :d 

Not compatible to be honest. Ostapenko receives dead slow balls, which she can bash freely, while the men receive equally hard balls and have to hit the forhends from difficult positions.

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

She's as mentally stable as most random WTA players...I'd be surprised if she hangs out in the top longer than a year or two before doing what every woman in tennis except for Serena does: rise to the top, fall far far back, get a good result again, be kicked out in a 1st round etc. 

I was talking about this specific tourney. :d Halep finally winning would make her story and journey a good lifeline for the Wta, while Ostapenko would be a nightmare.