website statistics

Table Tennis ITTF World Championship 2017

Federer91

I am absolutely not surprised by what Tomokazu is doing here, i already called it last year:

http://totallympics.com/index.php?/topic/263-table-tennis-at-the-summer-olympic-games-2016/&page=1

I think there is at least a 50% chance that he will win gold at the 2020 olympics, right now he has to be considered the favorite for 2020. By next year at the latest he will be the best non-chinese player. I know that table tennis isnt among the most popular sports, but we should all take a second to understand what we are currently witnessing, something like that has never been done before and Tomokazu is setting all those records in the most competitive era of table tennis, he certainly is a once in a century talent. The team competition should still go to china, although it could get very tricky, if Tomokazu becomes dominant enough to win both his individual matches. On the womens side the japanese team seems more promising but i would also say that an individual gold is less likely. Overall Japan is currently in a very good spot for 2020, considering that athletes like Abdul Hakim Sani Brown, Rikako Ikee, Nao Horomura, Suzuka Hasegawa, Kenzo Shirai, Mima Ito or Tomokazu Harimoto pretty much guarantee them 10 medals or even more. Japan is going to be very strong in swimming, artistic gymnastics and table tennis + i expect them to "make a move" in diving, fencing, archery/shooting and maybe also badminton/boxing/taekwondo, of course they will also win tons of medals in judo and wrestling.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 6/1/2017 at 19:55, hckosice said:

Yes you´re right I missed it :d Thanks for the info it´s really cool, well the first one ofc :d

Congrats,:cheer: looks NED beat SVK always and everywhere -Fedcup, volleyball, table tennis...:d

Pistej made it to the 1/8 finals :yikes:

He'll be up against the 13-year old sensation of the tournament at 11.15 CET on Table 1, if you want to watch it, streams are here:

https://tv.ittf.com/

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

This is being a very nice match so far :bounce:

7b9cdf70a0.png

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Now that's some serious choking from Fang/Solja. 

Harimoto - Pistej has gotten underway, really curious to see if a 13-year old kid can get to the quarter finals where he would probably play against Xu Xin, which doesn't even seem completely impossible to win. 

Pistej doesn't seem to be capable of dealing with the noise for Ruwen Filus :GER on the background.. 

36 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Harimoto - Pistej has gotten underway, really curious to see if a 13-year old kid can get to the quarter finals where he would probably play against Xu Xin, which doesn't even seem completely impossible to win. 

I think that Chinse players are too much for him :d 1/4 is ok for 13 years old player.

1 minute ago, dareza said:

I think that Chinse players are too much for him :d 1/4 is ok for 13 years old player.

Well, Zhang Jike already lost against a Korean, they're not unbeatable :p 

Harimoto in the quarters :bowdown: