website statistics

Table Tennis ITTF World Championship 2017

Federer91

1 hour ago, dcro said:

I'm looking at results and I see this 3rd set. :woot:

e3e9b5e0ba7442a7a8e07b8c70e0ad5b.png

Dear Lord, that's...long :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Pistej made it to the 1/8 finals :yikes:

He'll be up against the 13-year old sensation of the tournament at 11.15 CET on Table 1, if you want to watch it, streams are here:

https://tv.ittf.com/

Just returned back home so I missed it, but still very nice results from him.

Vladimir Samsonov is being, sort of, humiliated by Lee Sang-su :( 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Wow, Xu Xin came from 5-10 down in the final game against Lin Gaoyuan all the way to a 12-10 win and a quarter final spot :yikes:

25 minutes ago, Gianlu33 said:

I start to watch the last 2 days of the world championship, i'm not a table tennis expert, (well, i don't know nothing about it :p) but it's again an all-chinese competition?

Nope :p 

And down goes Ovtcharov's home dream. 

Heartbreaking loss for Dima, he never got into his best shape during this tournament. Koki Niwa on the other hand played his best table tennis, japanese table tennis is really taking huge steps forward. Maybe Boll can somehow keep the german colors alive during this tournament ...

In the end everyone who isnt chinese is playing for bronze at best, so no reason to be too sad, Boll and Ovtcharov have won tons of minor medals before. Tomokazu winning a medal is my only wish left, would be so cool to see (the half-chinese japanese player) Tomokazu beating a chinese player. Chinese players and officials are probably already shivering when thinking about the future, this might be their last chance for a very long time to win an individual gold medal on the mens side.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.