website statistics

Field Hockey FIH World League 2016 - 2017

Prashanth

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hace 2 horas, thepharoah said:

for Men's semi final 2 , will 6 teams qualify to WC or 5 only ? 

Officially only 5, but 6th and 7th place will qualify too 99% sure.

If you are asking for Egypt, the main mission for them in the remaining matches is not finish 8th, since they are ranked one place worse than China (who finished 8th in semifinal 1) they would be the first in line to be knocked out of their place by a continental champion.... which could be South Africa at the african cup. So, Egypt has to win one more match, if they don't, they will have to beat South Africa (again) at the african cup.

Just now, LDOG said:

Officially only 5, but 6th and 7th place will qualify too 99% sure.

If you are asking for Egypt, the main mission for them in the remaining matches is not finish 8th, since they are ranked one place worse than China (who finished 8th in semifinal 1) they would be the first in line to be knocked out of their place by a continental champion.... which could be South Africa at the african cup. So, Egypt has to win one more match, if they don't, they will have to beat South Africa (again) at the african cup.

i think 6th ranked team should officiallyqualify as long as they said 10 or 11 reams apart from India will qualify ?

hace 22 minutos, thepharoah said:

i think 6th ranked team should officiallyqualify as long as they said 10 or 11 reams apart from India will qualify ?

No, for this tournament is the top five. But anyway, as I explained, it doesn't matter much being 5th or 6th is the same.

Is Argentina competing with its best team on the womens side? If so, then this was a very impressive (and deserved) win for Germany. Jamilon Mulders is doing an amazing job with such a young team, considering that Germany had pretty poor results at junior level the last few years. The winning goal for Germany in the quarterfinal was scored by 17 year old Camille Nobis by the way ...

I having been saying it for a long time, in my opinion Germany will win the gold medal in Tokyo on the womens side, lets see ... :p

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

hace 36 minutos, OlympicsFan said:

Is Argentina competing with its best team on the womens side? If so, then this was a very impressive (and deserved) win for Germany. Jamilon Mulders is doing an amazing job with such a young team, considering that Germany had pretty poor results at junior level the last few years. The winning goal for Germany in the quarterfinal was scored by 17 year old Camille Nobis by the way ...

I having been saying it for a long time, in my opinion Germany will win the gold medal in Tokyo on the womens side, lets see ... :p

Yes it is the best team (except one defender), but they hired the current coach one month ago so I wasn't expecting great performances here, especially in the defensive system. We have suffered from really poor coaches last few years, but the current one seems like an ok guy and above all I still have blind faith in the future since the latest generation of juniors, some of which are playing their 1st tournament here, is our best ever IMO.

Edited by LDOG

• 4 months later...

Hereee we go again with the bullshit at the world league finals, already the two top placed teams from one of the pools go out in quarterfinals. FIH gave them no rest day with their awful scheduling (the same happened to Argentina and Germany in the women's competition). Probably tomorrow we'll see Argentina and Netherlands winning and the crazyness will be complete. The message from FIH is: don't even bother making effort during pool stage...

Thankfully this is the last year of this competition.

26 minutes ago, LDOG said:

Hereee we go again with the bullshit at the world league finals, already the two top placed teams from one of the pools go out in quarterfinals. FIH gave them no rest day with their awful scheduling (the same happened to Argentina and Germany in the women's competition). Probably tomorrow we'll see Argentina and Netherlands winning and the crazyness will be complete. The message from FIH is: don't even bother making effort during pool stage...

Thankfully this is the last year of this competition.

I really dont know that, how will be the competition in the next season?

Edited by konig