website statistics

Field Hockey FIH World League 2016 - 2017

Prashanth

6 minutes ago, LDOG said:

Today is Quarterfinals day, teams that win qualify for WC (but anyway all 8 teams will likely end up qualifying at the end).

:ARG beats :PAK to become the 1st team to qualify for world cup:clap:

And after that :IND lost to :MAS :yikes:

Disappointing result. :cry:

Luckily, we have already qualified to WC and World League Finals by virtue of being hosts. 

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 24/6/2017 at 21:53, LDOG said:

Achievement worth mentioning: Italy has qualified for the QF in Brussels and will very likely play a women's world cup after 42 years :)

Amazing results for our history, tomorrow Italy-Netherlands. I hope that we'll qualify to the final of the WL too, but it's hard.

8 hours ago, Gianlu33 said:

Amazing results for our history, tomorrow Italy-Netherlands. I hope that we'll qualify to the final of the WL too, but it's hard.

With Netherlands as rival in QF you need to take 5th place.

hace 13 minutos, Vojthas said:

With Netherlands as rival in QF you need to take 5th place.

They are in the same group, so they can't play in QF. He's talking about the final group game that is tomorrow.

Italy IMO will likely finish 3rd in the group, which means their opponent could be Australia, Belgium or New Zealand

16 hours ago, LDOG said:

They are in the same group, so they can't play in QF. He's talking about the final group game that is tomorrow.

Italy IMO will likely finish 3rd in the group, which means their opponent could be Australia, Belgium or New Zealand

That's right, my mistake, sorry.

• 2 weeks later...

Pretty decent result so far for our girls :) 0-0 against olympic bronze medalist Germany is itself a really nice surprise. if they play he whole tournament like this maybe they can qualify to World Championships :)

Edited by VolleyRuller96

My favourite Volleyball position: LIBERO. You ask why? Look here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyIOarNAONk

Finished with 0:1 loss. It's a loss, but I think it's a great start for our girls. On Monday we play with England - another tough game, but after what I saw today I think we might fight for some surprise.

• 2 weeks later...

After today, the 16 teams that will play the women's world cup have been practically decided. They will be:  :NED:ENG:GER:ESP:BEL:ITA:IRL:ARG:USA:CHN:KOR:JPN:IND:NZL:AUS:RSA 

The reason it's all but decided is because there is like less than 1% chance for the 5 continental champions to not be among these teams. Unfortunately :CHI did a big effort beating  :RSA at their home turf, but said team managed a comeback win against USA today to reach the QFs, leaving Chile out. Dream of a first World Cup for them will have to wait another 4 years. 

Edited by LDOG