website statistics

Track Cycling UCI World Championships 2017

dcro

• 8 months later...
  • Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

USA vs Italy and Australia vs Canada in the semi's of the women's team pursuit at the world championships. GBR, NZL, FRA and POL still have a chance for bronze. No major surprise so far I guess. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, Gianlu33 said:

World Champs starts whit a surprise, Great Britain only 5th in women's pursuit!

I doubt that's really a surprise, it's not the Olympics anymore so one just can't expect GBR to be nearly as good as last year in Rio :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

GBR goes home with 3 silver medals and 5 bronze medals by the way, according to my prediction contest results :d 

Spoiler

Which, apart from putting GBR down the rankings because it's not the Olympics, I mostly filled in like this:

no.jpg

2 minutes ago, dcro said:

Yup, they are going to be nowhere until Tokyo, when suddenly some technology will get them 80% of gold medals.

Some of them are now apparently riding on bikes made for the Athens Games because the supersonic bikes for the 2016 Olympics are pretty much all broken :p 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/othersports/article-4366064/GB-ride-13-year-old-bikes-Track-World-Championships.html

By the way, I'm sure GBR will bag a couple of medals here. If that's 'nowhere', I'd glady see the Netherlands be 'nowhere' :evil:

The Dutch team has had such a weird race :d 

Germany was 0,3s faster after 2000m, then 2,4s faster after 3000m....and at the finish they were 0,055 slower :d (and they're definitely not the only team winning a lot on the Dutch between 2-3km)

Very fast time for New Zealand :hyper: