website statistics

Athletics EAA Team Super League European Championships 2017

dcro

16 minutes ago, dareza said:

I saw that Bosnian athletes were very happy because they beat Georgia and I thought that only 2 will be out, but our federation said 3.

Well, your federation made a mistake, because when only two go up, only two can come down.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 hours ago, rybak said:

You probably saw wrong video :lol: I will not argue with you because it isn't place for this and I'm not agressive, I just want say that everyone saw that Kszczot winning the race and he currently and since few years he is one of the best 800m runners on the world :)

What you wrote is not relevant to the case (I already knew he is a very a good runner, but it doesn't matter...even the best athletes have to follow the rules...and the box was on the track 100m before the relevant fact that we are are talking about). I've already explained why his disqualification was not "a robbery" like you said, and I'll do it again more precisely if you want to read.

The video is this one, and I had already seen it on tv... I'm on mobile but you know where to find it. The relevant fact happens after 1 min 19 sec of race, you can see it

https://mobile.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10155290132096181&id=208150086180

Rules say clearly that if you are outside the track on the straight and you don't want to be disqualified you have to go back without having illegally gained positions. This is the IAAF rule:

" An athlete shall not be disqualified if he steps or runs outside his lane in the straight, any straight part of the diversion from the track for the steeplechase water jump or outside the outer line of his lane on the bend, with no material advantage thereby being gained and no other athlete being jostled or obstructed so as to impede his progress. Note: Material advantage includes improving his position by any means, including removing himself from a “boxed” position in the race by having stepped or run inside the inside edge of the track ".

Kszczot improved his position while outside the track by overtaking the French guy. This is a fact that everyone can see. It doesn't matter if he did it unintenionally or if he was the strongest athlete in the race, he could and should have won the race without breaking the rules.