Men's Baseball WBSC World Baseball Classic 2017

phelps

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, thepharoah said:

8-0 :cry:

That's probably one of the worst showings by any team in the entire tournament.

On the other hand, a great way for team USA to end its run in this edition and obtain its first title :yes

15 hours ago, mrv86 said:

And now is USA 7-0 PUR in the middle of the seventh...

What happened to the Boricuas?

pitching...pitching...and pitching once again...:evil:

you can have the best infield in the world and a very powerful lineup, but if you get a bad outing by your staff and an almost perfect effort by the opposing pitcher, there's no chance you can survive...

I'm very sad that after 2 very close and exciting semis we had such a poor championship game...:cry::facepalm:

and I'm not that happy that the US boys won, too...

I mean...they never take this tournament as seriously as the other Nations (even this time, they have a very good team, but still it's more or less a "second row" lineup, especially for what concerns pitchers - just to remember to those who don't follow baseball so carefully...no Kershaw, no Kluber, no Bumgarner...and they still find a night like yesterday's by Marcus Stroman...) and if they still manage to win, it's not so good for the game of Baseball (and in perspective, for its Olympic future)...

however, it's always the wonderful game of Baseball that matters the most (and not sport politics)...so, I just can't wait for April 2nd and the start of the MLB regular season...:d