website statistics

Men's Baseball WBSC World Baseball Classic 2017

phelps

7 hours ago, mrv86 said:

Team Italy played really bad today...

They now must be crossing their fingers so Mexico beats Venezuela and await for the "un-tie" criteria to favor them.

yes, Italy yesterday were totally empty, despite another good start...

however, thanks to our Mexican friends, now we have another shot at advancing the next round...

unfortunately for you, now it's also a mess about who's gonna play tonight against Italy in the playoff match, since MLB has announced that Venezuela will play, but Mexico is contesting the ruling of only 8 defensive innings counted for them in the game against Italy (but I don't think they have margin for success in their protests...MLB rules - which are used for this event, except for the special exemptions for pitchers - are quite clear...to be counted as a defensive inning, at least 1 out must be recorded...and that didn't happened in the 9th Mexican defensive inning on Thursday against Italy)...

by the way, with this pitching staff, I'm not sure I want to see Italy playing against the Dominicans, the US boys and another time against Puerto Rico...

maybe it's gonna be better if we lose "in style" tonight's playoff match, rather than risking 3 blowouts in San Diego...

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 hours ago, phelps said:

yes, Italy yesterday were totally empty, despite another good start...

however, thanks to our Mexican friends, now we have another shot at advancing the next round...

unfortunately for you, now it's also a mess about who's gonna play tonight against Italy in the playoff match, since MLB has announced that Venezuela will play, but Mexico is contesting the ruling of only 8 defensive innings counted for them in the game against Italy (but I don't think they have margin for success in their protests...MLB rules - which are used for this event, except for the special exemptions for pitchers - are quite clear...to be counted as a defensive inning, at least 1 out must be recorded...and that didn't happened in the 9th Mexican defensive inning on Thursday against Italy)...

by the way, with this pitching staff, I'm not sure I want to see Italy playing against the Dominicans, the US boys and another time against Puerto Rico...

maybe it's gonna be better if we lose "in style" tonight's playoff match, rather than risking 3 blowouts in San Diego...

At least you gave a good game today, even if Venezuela outscored in the end :(

and finally, we know the 4 teams qualified for the semifinals...

after Japan and the Netherlands in Tokyo, last night in San Diego Puerto Rico and the hosts from the USA got their tickets for the final round in Los Angeles...

quite surprisingly, in fact, the Dominican Republic lost their 2nd game in 4 days in Southern California against the USA and were eliminated, losing the chance to repeat themselves after their triumph in 2013...

the semifinals are so set: PUR vs NED (Monday night) and JPN vs USA (Tuesday night)...

and the winning teams will meet on Wednesday night in the "big final"...

hoping to see 3 great games (and maybe the USA losing once again)...:lol:

Profar, dude...the fuck did you do there? :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: 

Because of that it was only 2-0 after the first Dutch at bats instead of 3-0..

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!