website statistics

Men's Road Cycling UCI Tour de France 2017

heywoodu

2 minutes ago, dcro said:

Best points collector title is pointless. :p Best sprinter means something.

And you realize how childlish and dishonest people get when main tactics of the 2nd best rider is apparently eliminating the leader from the race. :facepalm:

Dishonest? :lol:

Don't get me wrong, I prefer Kittel winning the green than Matthews, but every number 2 in any competition would be utterly stupid if they don't try to win the race in a way that's obviously within the rules :p 

It's like not Kittel had mechanical troubles and lost the time because of that, he's not good enough and it's perfectly fine, honest and smart to use that to your advantage.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

6 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Dishonest? :lol:

Don't get me wrong, I prefer Kittel winning the green than Matthews, but every number 2 in any competition would be utterly stupid if they don't try to win the race in a way that's obviously within the rules :p 

It's like not Kittel had mechanical troubles and lost the time because of that, he's not good enough and it's perfectly fine, honest and smart to use that to your advantage.

Just because something's legal, that doesn't make it honest by defult. :p

Reporter: "Matthews, how did you win the best sprinter title?"

Matthews: "Because I'm better climber, obviously."

:p

#banbestmen

Abandon Bennett :(

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 minutes ago, dcro said:

Just because something's legal, that doesn't make it honest by defult. :p

Reporter: "Matthews, how did you win the best sprinter title?"

Matthews: "Because I'm better climber, obviously."

:p

Reporter: "Matthews, how did you win the points jersey?"

Matthews: "Because I  used my capabilities better than my rivals and so got the most points, obviously."

:evil:

1 hour ago, dcro said:

Well, if they manage to eliminate Kittel with this pace, then he'll be the winner (despite not being a better sprinter)...

They're not gonna eliminate him. Matthews is surely gonna get closer to Kittel, but he's most likely not gonna eliminate him.

Second of all, pretty much all of Sagan's green jerseys weren't won by him being the best sprinter. Was he a fake champion as well?

BTW, I hate myself for writing this, but yes! Bouhanni is back in the pack! (I don't like him, but I have him on my team, which gives me quite an advantage, as no. 1 has both Groenewegen and Kittel, while I now only have Wyss in the 2nd group)

5 minutes ago, Agger said:

BTW, I hate myself for writing this, but yes! Bouhanni is back in the pack! (I don't like him, but I have him on my team, which gives me quite an advantage, as no. 1 has both Groenewegen and Kittel, while I now only have Wyss in the 2nd group)

I don't care if I'd have money on Bouhanni, never would I cheer for that guy :p 

Spoiler

(fun little fact, according to Stef Clement, nobody in Bouhanni's team is allowed to eat pork or have a female massage person, because of Mr Bouhanni's religion. No problem with him having certain rules for himself, but seriously, forcing everyone to not eat certain things because you believe something?)

2 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I don't care if I'd have money on Bouhanni, never would I cheer for that guy :p 

Reveal hidden contents

(fun little fact, according to Stef Clement, nobody in Bouhanni's team is allowed to eat pork or have a female massage person, because of Mr Bouhanni's religion. No problem with him having certain rules for himself, but seriously, forcing everyone to not eat certain things because you believe something?)

Well. It's not money, it's a bottle of bitter! :p

Is Janse van Rensburg still there? By far the best lead-out in this Tour so far, EBH could definitely win it if JvR is there. 

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

Is Janse van Rensburg still there? By far the best lead-out in this Tour so far, EBH could definitely win it if JvR is there. 

I believe he is (at least he isn't mentioned in the 2nd group)