website statistics

Summer Non-Olympic Sports Discussion Thread

Bearas

@hckosice Two Slovak pairs starting off this video of last weekend :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Semi finals in the men's world bowling championships (singles) are about to start :d 

The oil pattern, in case anyone has the slightest clue what the fuck this all means exactly :lol: 

http://2018wmc.worldbowling.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/2018-WMC-WB-Los-Angeles-38_18.pdf

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Il 1/12/2018 Alle 13:03, heywoodu ha scritto:

Semi finals in the men's world bowling championships (singles) are about to start :d 

The oil pattern, in case anyone has the slightest clue what the fuck this all means exactly :lol: 

http://2018wmc.worldbowling.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/2018-WMC-WB-Los-Angeles-38_18.pdf

Men's World Bowling Championships 2018 (Hong Kong, HKG)

Medallists Recap

Singles

Gold: :MAS Muhd Rafiq Ismail

Silver: :CAN Dan McLelland

Bronze: :USA Andrew Anderson & :USA Kyle Troup

Doubles

Gold: :MAS Malaysia 2

Silver: :USA United States 2

Bronze: :CAN Canada 2 & :KOR South Korea 3

Trios

Gold: :USA United States 1

Silver: :INA Indonesia 1

Bronze: :KOR South Korea 2 & :SWE Sweden 2

Teams (of 5)

Gold: :ITA Italy

Silver: :USA United States

Bronze: :CAN Canada & :SGP Singapore

• 2 months later...

@Olympian1010

Do you see or know of any consistency in how the world championships ranking is made in the ice cross?

https://data.atsx.org/Standing/36

For some there are 4 events counting, for others only 3 or even 5, I'm confused :p Also it sucks that the last events are all ATSX250/500 events instead of Crashed Ice (1000) events, so the title is decided in some little event instead of something big.. 

5 hours ago, heywoodu said:

@Olympian1010

Do you see or know of any consistency in how the world championships ranking is made in the ice cross?

https://data.atsx.org/Standing/36

For some there are 4 events counting, for others only 3 or even 5, I'm confused :p Also it sucks that the last events are all ATSX250/500 events instead of Crashed Ice (1000) events, so the title is decided in some little event instead of something big.. 

I’m not quite sure how it’s calculated. I knew that only a riders best to ATX 1000 events count towards the rankings (their worst score at 1000 gets dropped). I would imagine it might the same for ATX500/250. I would also imagine that ATX 100 events (National Championships) do not count. Therefore rankings may still be incomplete in some cases, or some riders may just not have the funds to travel all over the world.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

• 3 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, hckosice said:

World Championship sprint silver in Ski Mountaineering for :SVK:p

53528417_2080031148710661_77003828141511

Another World Championships Medal this year for :SLO

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela