website statistics

Summer Non-Olympic Sports Discussion Thread

Bearas

For those who want to see real freerunning, this is the pinnacle competition of the year (goes live this weekend):

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

On 30/09/2019 at 12:48, Olympian1010 said:

For those who want to see real freerunning, this is the pinnacle competition of the year (goes live this weekend):

Not happy with the choice of venue. First almost all of the obstacles are artificial. Second, old crumbling gross looking Italian City isn’t an ideal place for parkour. Third, it’s a UNESCO World Heritage site! The idea is that people shouldn’t do parkour on those. Red Bull is just playing to the bad stereotypes of free running and parkour after years of great competition that really helped make true freerunning mainstream. This might actually be worse than the FIG abomination. It is by far still the best contest in the world, but shameful choices from Red Bull. I just watched an athlete break a 1,000 year old roof tile. That wasn’t fun, and it didn’t add value to the sport. Choose a better venue Red Bull.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

On 30/09/2019 at 12:48, Olympian1010 said:

Bullshit! Bullshit! What a fucking joke this event has become! Fuck Morocco. That’s not parkour and it’s sure as hell not parkour. Not to mention it was the least clean run of the competition. The Brits final run was 3 million times better. Fuck Red Bull and Fuck this event. Maybe we should just let the FIG steal this sport, if this is how the crown jewel event is going to run.

1. :MAR 

2. :GBR

3. :GRE

On a more positive note. I was really impressed by the talent of everyone involved (save the Moroccan). The women were ultra impressive and through insanely difficult tricks that I didn’t expect them to. The girl from :TUR really impressive with her natural parkour style (it’s a shame she damaged a UNESCO World Heritage Site). What I saw today really makes think the sport deserves to be an Olympic sport. However, we’ll need better venues and a more codified judging system. Great job to the all the freerunners involved. 

The weak disposition of the English catches the eye. Which, after all, is a slight shock to me.

4 minuty temu, hckosice napisał:

Hungary - Colombia  22-0 in the round of 16 of the mini-football world cup :lol:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019_WMF_World_Cup

This match had to be very even :lol:.

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, dcro said:

Does this event feature flying unicorns? :)

No, it features a stand alone flying event, and then pretty much a normal modern pentathlon.