GOLD: Rhiannan Iffland :AUS AUS

SILVER: Adriana Jiménez :MEX MEX

BRONZE: Jessica Macaulay :GBR GBR

Men's High Diving

GOLD: Gary Hunt :GBR GBR

SILVER: Steven LoBue :USA USA

BRONZE: Jonathan Paredes :MEX MEX

Nobody cares about High Diving?

Stopped watching sports, there are better things in life.

12 hours ago, Quasit said:

Women's High Diving

GOLD: Rhiannan Iffland :AUS AUS

SILVER: Adriana Jiménez :MEX MEX

BRONZE: Jessica Macaulay :GBR GBR

Men's High Diving

GOLD: Gary Hunt :GBR GBR

SILVER: Steven LoBue :USA USA

BRONZE: Jonathan Paredes :MEX MEX

Nobody cares about High Diving?

As @Olympian1010 said, I'm currently busier with 2019 PanAms.

I watched both preliminaries and the finals. 

All I can say is that Gary Hunt is a true master, especially going into the last round. His final dive was nearly perfect and he surely deserved those 9-5-10 scores. I can only have respect for him, he's a legend.

LoBue sadly was penalized in that last dive, the final difference with Hunt should have been lower. And about Paredes, well, he returned to his level after two dissapointing seasons, so I'm happy he ended in the podium.

As for the women's, I'm heavily upset. Iffland was given the gold by the judges, who made the calculations so Jimenez ended on the losing side by .15. However I don't blame Iffland, because she's a great diver and it was her gold to lose. I think the fault lies within FINA, especifically Cornel Marinescu (sp?) who's in collution with Mexican federation president Todorov, who has a personal grudge against Jimenez because she was our first top level athlete to publicly speak of the mismanagement and corruption in this sport.

• 4 weeks later...

@phelps

Forget Fistball. Ever heard of Tchoukball? Italy finished as silver medalist at the recent world championships (men's and women's). Very popular sport in Asia, especially Taiwan. :d 

http://www.tchoukball.org/wtc2019-m

Men's final

Stopped watching sports, there are better things in life.

I think we did that (very rarely) at school, cool :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

9 minutes ago, Quasit said:

@phelps

Forget Fistball. Ever heard of Tchoukball? Italy finished as silver medalist at the recent world championships (men's and women's). Very popular sport in Asia, especially Taiwan. :d 

Men's final

I’ve actually heard of this and watched it. I have a fettish for unloved sports :p

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Just now, NearPup said:

We actually played this a lot in high school. Probably the second most obscure sport we did (after kinball).

Well I’m going to need to know what the hell kinball is now.

My high school didn’t have to really have a Physical Education program because we were private. However in middle school we’d set up table tennis and play using the church tables. A love of table tennis is probably the one good thing Catholic school and the Catholic faith gave me (Plus none of the priest tried to sexually abuse me, so I got lucky there).

My middle school actually had a one-day multi-sports games every year :thumbup:. It would involve and Mixed 4x400m-ish, Egg and spoon relay, limbo, standing long jump, obstacle course, water bollon toss, and a few other team events/relays. It was always my favorite day every year.

Besides that most of the sports I participate in, I’ve largely had to train without a coach. I’m the only roller speed skater in my area. Most of the cyclists around here are mountain bikers. I have to drive 50 miles to my climbing gym. I do own my table tennis table though, so I have gotten recreationally good at that :d.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

30 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Well I’m going to need to know what the hell kinball is now.

So, basically you have three teams of four. The game is played with a giant, light ball. Three members of a team hold the ball while the fourth hits it, immediately after announcing which of the other two teams they are "attacking". If the ball hits the floor or a foul is committed both teams that weren't being attacked get a point. The team that was attacked now attacks one of the other teams. Game continues until a team reaches a predetermined number of points.

The game is basically about finding creative and deceptive ways of attacking another team, along with obviously being good at chasing down the ball when your team is attacked.

10 hours ago, Quasit said:

@phelps

Men's final

yes, I saw that already a couple of years ago...

but I think there are more Tchoukball players than people knowing about the existence of Fistball in Italy...