website statistics

Biathlon 2015 - 2016 Discussion Thread

heywoodu

Anternselva (Italy) is a candidate to host 2020 and 2021 World Champion.

All candidate host:

Repubblica Ceca - Nove Mesto na Morave (2013)
Germania - Oberhof (2004)
Italia - Anterselva (1975, 1976, 1983, 1995 e 2007)
Slovenia - Pokljuka (2001)

Repubblica Ceca - Nove Mesto na Morave
Germania - Oberhof
Italia - Anterselva
Slovenia - Pokljuka
Russia - Tyumen (never)

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Frenchman Florent Claude will switch nationality and compete for Belgium. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

• 2 weeks later...

IBU has published the schedules and dates for all World Cups and IBU Cups of next season, but I'm really thinking it's bad news for Brazil..

The schedule in Martell only says there will be one sprint, and nothing more. Just a sprint on 5 January and that's it, no individual, no sprint on the other day...

Arber will only have one individual and a single mixed relay (which is useless for Brazil if they don't have two men).

This all basically means they will have much less chances to get a good amount of IBU points, since they won't be competing in the first three IBU Cups..

Look on biathlonresults.com for the exact schedules..

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Alright, they've updated Martell :d 

Two sprints and a pursuit now, meaning the Brazilians will have three sprints and two individuals to qualify for the World Championships :)

7 minutes ago, hckosice said:

and again a IBU stage scheduled in Osrblie :thumbup:

You should go cheer for the Brazilians if they're there :p 

2 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

You should go cheer for the Brazilians if they're there :p 

btw I was once in Osrblie with my parents during a world cup race when Hurajt finished 3rd, I don´t remember the year (Poirée won the race btw) but it was a great experience:) 

Just now, hckosice said:

btw I was once in Osrblie with my parents during a world cup race when Hurajt finished 3rd, I don´t remember the year (Poirée won the race btw) but it was a great experience:) 

Cool :d

Also the part of Hurajt finishing 3rd in a World Cup race, didn't know that :p