website statistics

Biathlon 2015 - 2016 Discussion Thread

heywoodu

Canada! Before the race i wouldve never believed that they could win a medal. At least Germany, Norway, France, Austria, Italy, Russia and Czech Republic are all better on paper. This is a very good result for biathlon, it shows that many nations can be competitive, unlike in many other sports like womens cross-country.

I think Canada last year won a medal in mens sprint, so you could say that they defended their medal. You also have to give huge respect to their coach. I think they dont really get much/any funding, like Gagnon in womens alpine skiing, so those results are very surprising and you have to be glad for those athletes who invest so much of their own money. :bowdown::clap:

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, heywoodu said:

Definitely true! As a big Dahlmeier-fan I can be nothing else but very, very happy with these World Championships :cheer:

Especially the way she stayed with Makarainen on today's uphills was impressive.

Well, I'm a happy man as well, because even though Makarainen is one of my favourite biathletes of all time, I always support Germany, Italy, Sweden too. Add the fact that I really enjoy Soukalova, Eckhoff, Dorin-Habert, Boe Brothers during the winner interviews, I'd say I'm having the season of my life :d

Does anyone know why Belgium could compete in the men's relay yesterday? Is it because Michael Rösch got a sub-150 points and qualified or are there more additional rules?

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Epic shooting for Eder again so far :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Fourcade is a monster.

I still don't like him and I never will probably, but damn, the man is a legend :bowdown:

Edited by heywoodu

Fourcade is gonna break? :yikes: