heywoodu

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, Monzanator said:

Our guys are so slow they will be lapped regardless ;)

It not happened in two(?) previous WC's and last Olympics as well, so, I hope this will be continue also here (only if Nowakowska will not have 8 misses) :d 

6 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Did you see China in the single mixed at the Youth Olympics? Now that was one of the best biathlon races I have ever seen :bowdown:

As for GB, I believe they have basically no money. At all...

About GB - yes that is very true. We have no money for Biathlon and purely rely on military funding. They also have a stupid system where they send their best athletes to the IBU World Cup where they are 5 minutes of 70th place! Instead they should focus on the IBU Cup (like Brazil) and develop a squad up over time.

Just now, uk12points said:

About GB - yes that is very true. We have no money for Biathlon and purely rely on military funding. They also have a stupid system where they send their best athletes to the IBU World Cup where they are 5 minutes of 70th place! Instead they should focus on the IBU Cup (like Brazil) and develop a squad up over time.

The Brazilians are in the IBU Cup because they haven't qualified for World Cups yet, but I have absolutely no doubt that, if one of them would qualify, they would immediately make their World Cup debut :p 

To do that an athlete needs a certain score in a race in the IBU Cup and this standard is a lot tougher than the qualifying standards for world champs and Olympics.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Team Norge always peaks for the big championships and since this is their home one, i expect them to be in monster form. Maybe last chance for Svendsen to show that he isn't finished and can still be with the best. Also maybe the last start for Ole Einar Bjorndalen, i don't know if he is reconsidered staying till 2018.

:SVK  TEAM SLOVAKIA :SVK

For IBU World Championships 2016 (03.03-13.03.2016)

MEN´S

• Matej KAZÁR
  • Tomáš HASILLA
  • Miroslav MATIAŠKO
  • Michal ŠÍMA
  • Martin OTČENÁŠ

WOMEN´S

• Jana GEREKOVÁ
  • Paulína FIALKOVÁ
  • Ivona FIALKOVÁ
  • Terézia POLIAKOVÁ
  • Martina CHRAPÁNOVÁ

The Goals:

Optimistic - 2 top 10, one in individual events and one in relays events

Realistic - 1 top 10, Paulína Fialková maybe has some decent chances for one top 10.

Pessimistic - all our relays laped, and SVK establish a new world record of loops by one country achieved during one week at major competition...:whistle:

Dear god, the foggy, windy, and obscenely posh hellhole of Holmenkollen described as fabulous and historic...

Anyway the Norwegian team is ready, sort of. Look forward to masses of excuses about the quality of their ski's.

Mäkäräinen is running the mixed relay, which is odd given that she's probably about as fast as the Finnish boys.

Almost all teams have the best squad in tomorrows relay, it mean that this race finally is taken seriously :thumbup: I hope that this will be very exciting race with many changes in the top. Bad that I won't be able to watch this in live :(

1 hour ago, SamR03A said:

Dear god, the foggy, windy, and obscenely posh hellhole of Holmenkollen described as fabulous and historic...

:lol:

Sorry, but if someone would ask me for the home of Nordic sports, there is absolutely no doubt I would say Holmenkollen :) 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 hour ago, SamR03A said:

Anyway the Norwegian team is ready, sort of. Look forward to masses of excuses about the quality of their ski's.

Mäkäräinen is running the mixed relay, which is odd given that she's probably about as fast as the Finnish boys.

Any chance of Tandrevold making the team? Our Polsat commentators wanted her to be on the team after the Tyumen heroics and well, the NOR female cast is as weak as I can remember.

If not, then perhaps she can at least take a trip to Khanty-Mansiysk for the WC finale?