website statistics

Boxing Qualification for Summer Olympic Games 2016

MantaRaymarc

and by the way, Amnat Ruenroeng* (THA) and Carmine Tommasone (ITA), the 2 only real "PRO" who have been outside the AIBA system untl now, will meet tomorrow in the Lightweights' Semifinal...

basically, this will be the only match with a bit of non-AIBA flavour not only of the entire tournament, but of the entire history of the AIBA connection with the world of real PROs...

a great success for the world governing body, I guess...:whistle::rofl::roflmao::facepalm::wall:

*by far the most successful boxer starting in this farce...he even fought 5 times for the IBF Flyweights World Title between 2014 and 2015 (beating former AIBA stars like McWilliams Arroyo, PUR and, above all, Zhou Shiming, CHN, one of the most overrated Olympic Champions - actually, double Olympic Champion - ever)...

Edited by phelps

2 minuty temu, phelps napisał:

actually it was in the quarterfinals, not in the semis (which will be contested tomorrow)...;)

sure, i`ve changed it before your answer ;)

I fell in love with sports.....since i first seen it

5 minutes ago, Pavlo said:

Tryc has demolished a nr 1 "pro" - 40 year old Czech boxer in 1/4 :lol:

There was also one pro (with record 14-0-0, apparently) who lost on knockout in the first minute of round one.

Edited by dcro

#banbestmen

Przed chwilą, dcro napisał:

There was also one pro (with record 14-0-0, apparently) who lost on knockout in the first minute of round one.

maybe he was fighting with neighbours only... ;)

now it seems Polish fed made a big mistake sending only 1 boxer. It seems we could easily win some 2-3 other quota

hace 6 minutos, dcro said:

LOL. The guy that beat him is from my hometown. 

В 30.06.2016 в 04:52, mrv86 сказал:

First of all, I apologize for any offense my post may cause you. I acknowledge it's a little bit written in the moment, so it's entirely my fault.

Howeve, even when I didn't see the fight, I read the comments from the national coach. He said that the Azeri boxer gave a good fight and its strategy was good; he said that in the first two rounds judges could have awarded the partial win to any of them. In the end, the local fighter did just enough to avoid any effective punch from its rival (a valid strategy) and in the end, that was the decisive factor. He was never critical of your boxer, but he was upset that this scoring system has some flaws and that ended the Mexican fighter chances.

everything is fine:)I think with this completely confusing and sometimes unfair system of scoring&judging in boxing, this sport should be seriously considered to be out of the Olympics as wrestling several years ago. May be, then the situation will change

Enrico Lacruz has been selected for the Olympics after all :)

http://nos.nl/artikel/2115771-bokser-lacruz-alsnog-naar-olympische-spelen.html

Not exactly fair to many other Dutch athletes, but alright... 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!