website statistics

Boxing Qualification for Summer Olympic Games 2016

MantaRaymarc

18 minutes ago, nitinsanker said:

how is the womens qualification going to work..................... do we have already qualfiied boxers  ? ........................ if so what will be the accounting ? 

The top 4 boxers in each weight class will qualify, the world championship has priority so if an athlete has already qualified through the continental tournament the quota will be reallocated to the next best nation from the continental tournament.

Women's -51kg:

Africa - :MAR Ez-Zahroui qualified. 2nd - :NGR Linus.

America - :CAN Bujold and :COL Valencia qualified. 3rd - :USA Fuchs. 4th - :BRA de Sousa

Asia - :CHN Cancan and :UZB Mirzaeva qualified. 3rd - :TPE Yu-Ting. 4th - :IND Kom

Europe - :GBR Adams and :BUL Petrova qualified. 3rd - :UKR Kob. 4th - :NOR Hansen

TRIPARTITE NATIONS COMPETING IN THIS EVENT A WORLD CHAMPS: :BOL:JOR:SRI

Women's -60kg:

Africa - :MAR Lachgar qualified. 2nd - :TUN Khouloud

America - :USA Mayer qualifed. 2nd - :MEX Torres.

Asia - :CHN Junhua and :AUS watts qualified. 3rd - :VIE Duyen. 4th - :THA Thongjan

Europe - :AZE Alekseevna and :ITA Testa qualified. 3rd - :IRL Taylor. 4th - :BUL Staneva.

TRIPARTITE NATIONS COMPETING IN THIS EVENT A WORLD CHAMPS: :DMA:JOR:NEP:SRI 

Women's -75kg:

Africa - :MAR El Mardi qualified. 2nd - :CMR Yannicke

America - :USA Shields and :CAN Fortin qualified. 3rd - :BRA Oliveira. 4th - :DOM Guillen.

Asia - :CHN Qian and :KAZ Shakimova qualified. 3rd - :TPE Nien-Chin. 4th - :PRK Un-Hui

Europe - :RUS Yakushina and :SWE Laurell Nash qualified. 3rd - :GER Scheurich. 4th - :HUN Szatmari.

TRIPARTITE NATIONS COMPETING IN THIS EVENT A WORLD CHAMPS: :PAN:SRI

Edited by uk12points

6 minutes ago, uk12points said:

Women's -51kg:

Africa - :MAR Ez-Zahroui qualified. 2nd - :NGR Linus.

America - :CAN Bujold and :COL Valencia qualified. 3rd - :USA Fuchs. 4th - :BRA de Sousa

Asia - :CHN Cancan and :UZB Mirzaeva qualified. 3rd - :TPE Yu-Ting. 4th - :IND Kom

Europe - :GBR Adams and :BUL Petrova qualified. 3rd - :UKR Kob. 4th - :DEN Hansen

TRIPARTITE NATIONS COMPETING IN THIS EVENT A WORLD CHAMPS: :BOL:JOR:SRI

Women's -60kg:

Africa - :MAR Lachgar qualified. 2nd - :CMR Yannicke

America - :USA Mayer qualifed. 2nd - :MEX Torres.

Asia - :CHN Junhua and :AUS watts qualified. 3rd - :VIE Duyen. 4th - :THA Thongjan

Europe - :AZE Alekseevna and :ITA Testa qualified. 3rd - :IRL Taylor. 4th - :BUL Staneva.

TRIPARTITE NATIONS COMPETING IN THIS EVENT A WORLD CHAMPS: :DMA:JOR:NEP:SRI 

Women's -75kg:

Africa - :MAR El Mardi qualified. 2nd - :NGR Linus.

America - :USA Shields and :CAN Fortin qualified. 3rd - :BRA Oliveira. 4th - :DOM Guillen.

Asia - :CHN Qian and :KAZ Shakimova qualified. 3rd - :TPE Nien-Chin. 4th - :PRK Un-Hui

Europe - :RUS Yakushina and :SWE Laurell Nash qualified. 3rd - :GER Scheurich. 4th - :HUN Szatmari.

TRIPARTITE NATIONS COMPETING IN THIS EVENT A WORLD CHAMPS: :PAN:SRI

Hansen is not from Denmark. She is from Norway.

Edited by dareza

17 hours ago, JoshMartini007 said:

The top 4 boxers in each weight class will qualify, the world championship has priority so if an athlete has already qualified through the continental tournament the quota will be reallocated to the next best nation from the continental tournament.

Meaning Nouchka Fontijn definitely will have to reach the semi's here, seeing as she was eliminated in the 1st round of the OQT. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

India Bids Goodbye to Mary Kom ....... 6 time world champion ........ Inspiration to all Indian sportsmen and women ....... she is retiring after her loss in the world championship

294204-mary-kom-happy-700.jpg

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

I was watching the World champs 

India vs australia round of 16 

http://watchnow.club/video/2016-aiba-womens-world-boxing-championships-session-9b

around 1hr 50m is pavitra fight 

Pavitra fight I feel the final score surprised me ... I felt she dominated round one and four , three was even and round two the Australian had the edge .............. watch the fight and tell me what you think it was not an outright robbery but the score was surprising, especially round 4 scoring  ( pavitra lost 

I am not sure how the scoring was happening ........ especially round 4 ..........why would two judges score australia more when I felt the Indian controlled that round 

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi