website statistics

Air Sports Discussion Thread

Quasit

• 2 years later...
1 hour ago, dcro said:

In all seriousness, I really hope this gets added to the next World Games.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

• 2 weeks later...

Totallympics TV

Ready for the smallest and fastest flying discipline? Watch the 2018 FAI Drone Racing World Championships Here.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

6 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Totallympics TV

Ready for the smallest and fastest flying discipline? Watch the 2018 FAI Drone Racing World Championships Here.

I had been looking for a YouTube-version of today's events (1/16 and 1/8 finals, I saw it was live on OC but couldn't watch at the time), awesome :woohoo:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

The 1/16 + 1/8 finals video isn't working anymore. Luckily it's still watchable on OC (which is where I'm watching now), but thought I'd mention it :p 

The more I watch this, the more I like it :d 

I'm still a bit confused on some things though (like, what's the exact role of the landing zone in terms of rules?).

15 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

The more I watch this, the more I like it :d 

I'm still a bit confused on some things though (like, what's the exact role of the landing zone in terms of rules?).

I hope they add it as a event at the 2021 World Games

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

6 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

I hope they add it as a event at the 2021 World Games

Absolutely, especially if it keeps developing like this in terms of broadcasts and 'watchability' (with the LED lights and everything)

• 3 weeks later...

The FAI World Paragliding Accuracy Championships due to be held in Serbia have been suspended after the IOC reminded international federations about the ability of athletes of all nationalities to participate. I don’t know why that would be a problem with Serbia :p (this is sarcasm)