website statistics

Badminton 2017 Discussion Thread

Prashanth

• 2 months later...

So after 74 days, let's have a bit of update on BWF event bidding candidates:

Thomas/Uber Cup (Men's and women's team WC) 2018: :THA  Bangkok and :IND New Delhi

World championships 2018: :CHN Nanjing (sole bidder)

Sudirman Cup (Mixed team WC) 2019: :CHN Nanning, yes Nanning not Nanjing (sole bidder :smoke:)

World championships 2019: :JPN Tokyo and :SUI Basel

Basically everyone is so afraid of Chinese venue collections and stayed off from bidding in that events :p And it looks like all those events will be in Asia, since it is very likely for BWF to award WBC 2019 to Tokyo for Olympic test event. Unless an European (or other continent) country bids for the World Junior Championships (TBD later this year), we won't see any badminton major events outside Asia until 2020. A reverse condition from 2015-2017 bidding where it managed to spread to Pan Am and Oceania

• 1 month later...

Where is the results page? (the official one I mean, not the Totallympics one :d )I'm always having trouble finding that  :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

8 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Where is the results page? (the official one I mean, not the Totallympics one :d )I'm always having trouble finding that  :p 

I find it only on the official app for mobile phone. Try to write "Badminton EC2017", you'll find it ;) 

27 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

You can find draws, schedules and results for all Badminton tournaments at http://bwf.tournamentsoftware.com/