website statistics

Taekwondo 2016 Discussion Thread

mrv86

11 minutes ago, dareza said:

:facepalm: What is you opinion about this guy Silla?

He is really tall and dangerous, he has chance for medal, actually this weight is more unpredictable among men's weights, there are something like 8=9 guys with good chances for medal. Silla is one of them. his height is his biggest advantage.

but watch out for this guy from Niger is probably the biggest treat in this weight. I'm glad our Mardani won't face him in early rounds. (msot probably he has to face Kazakhstan)

5 minutes ago, MHSN said:

He is really tall and dangerous, he has chance for medal, actually this weight is more unpredictable among men's weights, there are something like 8=9 guys with good chances for medal. Silla is one of them. his height is his biggest advantage.

but watch out for this guy from Niger is probably the biggest treat in this weight. I'm glad our Mardani won't face him in early rounds. (msot probably he has to face Kazakhstan)

Day 3 medalists:

Men's -87kg

Gold: :RUS Larin, Vladislav

Silver: :ARM  Yeremyan, Arman

Bronze:  :AZE Ghobadi Oughaz, Payam and :SRB  Jovanov, Drasko

Men's +87kg:

Gold:  :BLR  Silla, Arman-Marshall

Silver:  :RUS   Kuznetsov, Roman

Bronze:  :FRA  El Yazidi, Omar and :POL  Hatowski, Piotr

Women's -73kg:

Gold:  :CRO  Rados, Iva

Silver:  :SRB  Mandic, Milica

Bronze: :NED  Oogink, Reshmie and :MKD Matijasevic, Petra

Women's +73kg:

Gold: :GBR  Walkden, Bianca

Silver:  :TUR  Kus, Nafia

Bronze:  :RUS  Ivanova, Olga and :ESP  Simon Alamo, Rosanna

Turkey is champion, second place for Russia and 3rd for Great Britain.

7 hours ago, MHSN said:

How about Achab in 68? :p 

I noticed a huge difference between the odds on two bookmakers...one have odds of only around 6 for him (meaning he's among the 4-5 favorites), whereas another one gives 51 euro/dollar/pound for every euro/dollar/pound you bet on him to win gold.. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

19 hours ago, heywoodu said:

How about Achab in 68? :p 

I noticed a huge difference between the odds on two bookmakers...one have odds of only around 6 for him (meaning he's among the 4-5 favorites), whereas another one gives 51 euro/dollar/pound for every euro/dollar/pound you bet on him to win gold.. 

well, you can't ignore him but all of his achievements were in 63kg, and not the Olympic wight of 68 ! he only qualified by points he collected in 63kg events,

he is a very dirty fighter, very disgusting. ALWAYS try to show fake injuries and give penalties to his opponents. I don't follow this weight as much as the rest (since Iran didn't qualify narrowly) but I think Lee Dae-hoon is top favorite here, with Tazegul and Denisenko behind him. I think the real competition in this weight will be between those 6 who qualified through ranking. I think considering him among 4-5 favorites is more logical even though I don't give him so much chance for gold.

14 minutes ago, MHSN said:

well, you can't ignore him but all of his achievements were in 63kg, and not the Olympic wight of 68 ! he only qualified by points he collected in 63kg events,

he is a very dirty fighter, very disgusting. ALWAYS try to show fake injuries and give penalties to his opponents. I don't follow this weight as much as the rest (since Iran didn't qualify narrowly) but I think Lee Dae-hoon is top favorite here, with Tazegul and Denisenko behind him. I think the real competition in this weight will be between those 6 who qualified through ranking. I think considering him among 4-5 favorites is more logical even though I don't give him so much chance for gold.

I still remember his match against Iranian fighter in grand prix final :redcard:

1 hour ago, MHSN said:

Thanks again, especially what you say about his style is interesting, I'll pay attention to him if any of the streams show taekwondo during the Olympics. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!