website statistics

Equestrian 2017 Discussion Thread

dcro

Crazy WC in Gothenburg with :SWE von Eckermann taking a win at home. :cheer:

However, the most intriguing part was the battle for the final places at the WC final in Omaha! 18 riders that will represent Western Europe are...

:FRA Kevin Staut - 78

:ITA Lorenzo de Luca - 67

:IRL Denis Lynch - 64

:SWE Henrik von Eckermann - 59

:GER Ludger Beerbaum - 56

:SUI Steve Guerdat - 47

:GER Guido Klatte - 47

:BEL Gregory Wathelet - 45

:NED Leopold van Asten - 44

:FRA Simon Delestre - 44

:SUI Romain Duguet - 43

:COL Carlos Lopez - 43 - extra athlete

:GER Holger Wulschner - 42

:GER Marcus Ehning - 41

:AUT Max Kuhner - 41

:ESP Sergio Alverez Moya - 40

:BEL Nicola Philippaerts - 39

:FRA Olivier Robert - 39

:GER Markus Brinkmann - 39

----------------------------------------

(reserves)

:NED Maikel van der Vleuten - 38

:SUI Martin Fuchs - 38

:GBR Scott Brash - 35

:BEL Pieter Devos - 35

Carlos Lopez is competing for Colombia, which is obviously not in Western Europe. However, since he ranked within the top 18 he gets to go as an extra athlete.

I'm not sure if Steve Guerdat is prequalified as the defending champion. If he is indeed prequalified then Maikel van der Vleuten will be invited too.

Some really big names failed to qualify, including current World No. 1 :GER Daniel Deusser. Another big German Christian Ahlmann is missing too. Scott Brash once again fails, for the third time in a row...

On the other had, some very interesting names are in. Including Guido Klatte, Carlos Lopez, Markus Brinkmann and Olivier Robert. Who would think that Leopold van Asten will be the only Dutch in the final (for now). :yikes: Holger Wulschner meanwhile qualified for his first WC final since 1997!

Edited by dcro

#banbestmen

5 minutes ago, Gianlu33 said:

I never watch it but hey, i like it :p But it's only a time race? :mumble:

Cool. :d And yes, it's similar to canoe slalom. If you knock a ball down you get five seconds penalty.

Here is an example of a full competition run. :)

#banbestmen

There is just one more qualifier left before the jumping Finals in Omaha. It will be held next month in Live Oak (North American qualifier).

Here is an overview of the other (completed) leagues.

ARAB LEAGUE - :QAT Al Thani, :KSA Alrajhi and :QAT Mohammed have earned a ticket for WC final

AUSTRALIAN LEAGUE - :AUS Beresford and :AUS Raymont have earned their tickets. Raymont already confirmed that he won't be going though. Beresford is uncertain.

CAUCASUS LEAGUE - :GEO Papiashivili qualified, participation uncertain

CENTRAL ASIAN LEAGUE - :UZB Tuyakbaev qualified, participation uncertain

CHINA LEAGUE - :CHN Bianba is apparently going to Omaha, :HKG Lam is uncertain

JAPAN LEAGUE - :JPN Koike qualified, participation uncertain

NEW ZEALAND LEAGUE - :NZL Laurie qualified but will not attend

SOUTH AFRICA LEAGUE - :RSA Williams qualified, participation uncertain

SOUTH AMERICAN NORTH LEAGUE - :VEN Vanonoste qualified, participation uncertain

SOUTH AMERICAN SOUTH LEAGUE - :URU Rodriguez Vanni and :BRA Fernandez Filho will be going to Omaha

SOUTH EAST ASIAN LEAGUE - :THA Limpichati qualified, participation uncertain

However, Omaha website says that :GEO and :UZB have both "confirmed" their places. That would be so awesome if true. :d

Edited by dcro

#banbestmen

:ARG Maria Florencia Manfredi has been invited to take part at the dressage WC final in Omaha in few weeks! :thumbup::cheer:@konig

I love her reaction in this interview: “Amazing!” the 34-year-old rider exclaimed after she was told she had qualified for the final of the 32nd World Cup Final. “I can’t believe it. I need to go celebrate tonight." :d

http://www.dressage-news.com/2017/03/01/maria-florencia-manfredi-becomes-first-argentine-to-win-dressage-world-cup-final-start/

She will be the first Argentine rider to compete in the history of dressage WC finals. She got invited as the highest ranked rider outside of Europe/North America/Pacific.

It's sad that she apparently has zero support from Argentinian NOC & federation, according to this interview. :(

Edited by dcro

#banbestmen

hace 2 horas, dcro said:

It's sad that she apparently has zero support from Argentinian NOC & federation, according to this interview. :(

It's true, I just checked the list and it seems only Jumping athletes receive state support.