website statistics

Equestrian 2017 Discussion Thread

dcro

• 2 weeks later...

First dressage competition of the year was held this weekend in Las Vegas (it was World Cup qualifier for the North American League).

:USA Steffen Peters & Rosamunde won with 78%. They are very much on the way to WC Final in Omaha with that score. However, probably the most interesting pair that competed in Las Vegas was Dawn White-O'Connor & Legolas. Legolas is the horse that Steffen rode in Rio, and now he offered the ride to his long-time assistant rider. Dawn's scores were obviously lower than Steffen's scores with Legolas, but it will be interesting to see how they improve. :)

#banbestmen

Several awards have been presented for 2016 recently...

FEI AWARDS

Best Athlete - :GBR Nick Skelton

Rising Star - :GER Sönke Rothenberger

Best Groom - :GBR Mark Beever

Against All Odds - :BRA Rodolpho Riskalla

Eventing Nation Award

Best Eventing Athlete and Horse - :USA Phillip Dutton - Mighty Nice

A well deserved award following their incredible adventure towards the Olympic bronze medal.

http://cdn.eventingnation.com/eventingnation.com/images/2017/01/phil-happy-gif.gif

http://cdn.eventingnation.com/eventingnation.com/images/2017/01/phil-hug.jpg

#banbestmen

Speaking of new year, the traditional Global Dressage Festival in Florida has started this week. This effectively means for me watching late evening/night live streams every second Friday (until the end of the March). Bring it on.:cheer:

#banbestmen

Lisa Wilcox and Galant delivered the goods and won the first freestyle with 77.2%.

http://gdf.coth.com/article/watch-lisa-wilcox-and-galant-earn-victory-in-fei-grand-prix-freestyle

In other news, Kentucky withdrew their bid for 2022 WEG, leaving :SVK Samorin as the only official candidate. @hckosice

Edited by dcro

#banbestmen

1 hour ago, dcro said:

Lisa Wilcox and Galant delivered the goods and won the first freestyle with 77.2%.

http://gdf.coth.com/article/watch-lisa-wilcox-and-galant-earn-victory-in-fei-grand-prix-freestyle

In other news, Kentucky withdrew their bid for 2022 WEG, leaving :SVK Samorin as the only official candidate. @hckosice

Cool :) It would be nice if we will organize such huge event.

Thanks for the info :yes

5 hours ago, hckosice said:

Cool :) It would be nice if we will organize such huge event.

Thanks for the info :yes

Who knows, maybe I'll go and watch if Samorin gets it :d Although, so far I have never witnessed an equestrian event live. :whistle:

#banbestmen

4 minutes ago, dcro said:

Who knows, maybe I'll go and watch if Samorin gets it :d Although, so far I have never witnessed an equestrian event live. :whistle:

Šamorín is close to Bratislava in the south west part of the country few km of the Hungarian boarders, exactly 375km from Rijeka. some 4 and half hours by car. even much more closer than Šamorín --- Košice, so I assume it will be a sin for such equestrian super fan to not use such opportunity to attend the world equestrian games :d

Looks like the terrible season of jumping WC is continuing. Out of the first 10 riders in Leipzig, 5 of them went clear. So this means we'll have another huge and useless jump-off that nobody wants to see...

Only like 2 courses this season were appropriately demanding.

#banbestmen

Thankfully the course setter made things interesting later on by setting a non-straightforward jump-off. Tactics played a big part. :)

Gregory Wathelet was the winner and, interestingly, it looks like he will qualify for his first WC final. He has been at the top level for a while.

Edited by dcro

#banbestmen