website statistics

Volleyball 2017 Discussion Thread

George_D

Even more - also INTERESTING AND IMPORTANT!

This World Champonship wemen under 23 years tries to return the 4 of 7 games in volleyball!

This is experimental and the purpose is to be played less minutes as games are up to 7,

but points wanted are not 25 but 15 ....

what do you think, which system is better - the old or the "experimental'?!

Spoiler

:smoke:

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, pink13 said:

Even more - also INTERESTING AND IMPORTANT!

This World Champonship wemen under 23 years tries to return the 4 of 7 games in volleyball!

This is experimental and the purpose is to be played less minutes as games are up to 7,

but points wanted are not 25 but 15 ....

what do you think, which system is better - the old or the "experimental'?!

Hide contents

:smoke:

I'm with experimental , if they return service as usual , because it's one of volleyball major skills that can't be modified , these new rules really help small countries to compete with big ones and make big results

We had a historic victory in women's u23 wch , the 1st for Africa in tournament after defeating Thailand 4-2 , now a victory over Argentina will put us in 5-8 placement matches , we also lost hardly to Dominican Republic 4-2 , after leading 14-11 in 6th set and took 2 sets from China , despite absence of 2 of our major players

IRAAAN :IRI Another victory in the Grand Champions Cup, this time against the United States. They have 2/2 wins and  still have to play against the weakest Japan so perhaps this is the tournament Iran will finally win a medal in :champion:

My favourite Volleyball position: LIBERO. You ask why? Look here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyIOarNAONk

FIVB Men's World Grand Champions Cup 2017

:BRA Brazil won the title (4-1), the silver went to :ITA (4-1) while the :IRI  (4-1) finished with the bronze medal. The other participants were :USA USA (2-3), :FRA France (1-4) and hosts :JPN Japan (0-5).

Congrats to Iran!! 

1 hour ago, rybak said:

@VolleyRuller96 Ferdinando De Giorgi lost his work as coach of Polish men's national team. 

Not really surprising after the EC. Hopefully PZPS will hire a decent coach this time. I heard Mauro Berruto is looking for a job in NT... 

My favourite Volleyball position: LIBERO. You ask why? Look here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyIOarNAONk

5 minut temu, VolleyRuller96 napisał:

Not really surprising after the EC. Hopefully PZPS will hire a decent coach this time. I heard Mauro Berruto is looking for a job in NT... 

I heard that for the first time since "x" years coach of this team will be any Polish coach... I don't like this idea at all, seeing what Polish coaches did with women's team.

10 minutes ago, rybak said:

I heard that for the first time since "x" years coach of this team will be any Polish coach... I don't like this idea at all, seeing what Polish coaches did with women's team.

Yes that would be a honestly terrible choice. Teams with polish coaches achieved weak results in last year plusliga, so I don't see any of the coaches taking over our team (and especially not Jacek Nawrocki). Maybe Sebastian Pawlik would be a decent assistant coach, seeing as he did great job with junior team, but I would not trust him with taking over senior team either.