website statistics

Summer Olympic Games 2016 Unqualified NOCs

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

Does he still compete? I had him before, but I couldn't find any results in 2015 so I thought he retired.

He was preparing the Amsterdam marathon in 2015 but has to pull-out due to a injury. I think that know he's getting ready for Rotterdam in april.

How does the Guam doctor qualify? Some tripartite thing or something? I mean, Guam isn't in the top-24 nations..

Or is it because AUS and NZL are in the top-24 nations so the continental championships quota for two nations will move from AUS/NZL to Guam?

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

How does the Guam doctor qualify? Some tripartite thing or something? I mean, Guam isn't in the top-24 nations..

Or is it because AUS and NZL are in the top-24 nations so the continental championships quota for two nations will move from AUS/NZL to Guam?

AUS/NZL will finish in top-24 so Oceanian quotas will be reallocated. One to Guam and another one to rankings because there is no other Oceanian nation. So it will be top-25 in the rankings.

#banbestmen

The same site that was used for proof that Liberia have qualified says that Haiti have qualified in the Men's 100m as well. I belive that it is an American athlete who has changed nationality but I am not sure what makes this case different from Liberia?

32 minutes ago, uk12points said:

The same site that was used for proof that Liberia have qualified says that Haiti have qualified in the Men's 100m as well. I belive that it is an American athlete who has changed nationality but I am not sure what makes this case different from Liberia?

Yeah, but the question is whether the times also change nationality. Wesh was American when he achieved Olympic standard.

Edited by dcro

#banbestmen

20 minutes ago, dcro said:

Yeah, but the question is whether the times also change nationality. Wesh was American when he achieved Olympic standard.

Oh I see! Hopefully he can run the qualification time as a Haiti national and put this dispute to bed!

I think that the time changes too. (Ilias Fifa represent Spain at the 2015 world champs and he archieved the qualifiying time when he was moroccoan, so I guess is the same method for Olympics)