website statistics

Summer Olympic Games 2016 Unqualified NOCs

24 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Media in Malawi report that they will have 2 taekwondo athletes in Rio. Their only entrant in the African qualifiers didn't make it, so these must be tripartite places or something (if true of course)?

http://mwnation.com/taekwondo-to-send-2-to-brazil-olympics/

I'm not sure if this is true. Neither athlete participated in the African qualifier or the 2015 World Champs, this is not a requirement, but usually athletes with active participation will get priority. It is also unlikely that a nation will get two spots in the same sport (especially a competitive one like taekwondo). I'll keep an eye on it.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 hours ago, juddy96 said:

http://www.iaaf.org/competitions/iaaf-world-indoor-championships/iaaf-world-indoor-championships-5681/athletes

Looks like the American that transferred allegiance to Haiti got approved a while ago, and ran a 100m qualifying time back in 2015 (Darrell Wesh)

Do you know if times also change nationalities? The main issue is that he reached that time as an American.

Looks like Guam has pretty much secured a quota in men's mountain bike. Their cyclist is one of the 12 that competed at Oceanian championships. Still waiting for results, but all he needed is to finish the race (what would give Guam ranking points). He can get UCI points even if he gets lapped.

And Guam is going to be represented by... Dr. Peter Lombard. That must be the first doctor ever that will compete in mountain bike at the Olympics! :d He is actually an eye doctor.

This is his latest post on Facebook page.

Greetings from Lombard Health! Dr. Lombard here... I wanted to write and personally apologize for scheduling delays at our clinic.

As you may or may not know, I am trying to represent Guam in the Rio Olympics this summer in cycling. I had to make some changes to my clinic schedule to train and compete off island to give myself the best chance possible of qualification. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity and would bring me and our island a great deal of pride, but unfortunately the downside is my clinic availability will be limited and variable through the summer.

https://scontent-frt3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/s851x315/12799301_830612563712079_7202731463917082276_n.jpg?oh=575420ab73997e034d757da89fda2cb2&oe=5787405C

#banbestmen

2 hours ago, dcro said:

Looks like Guam has pretty much secured a quota in men's mountain bike. Their cyclist is one of the 12 that competed at Oceanian championships. Still waiting for results, but all he needed is to finish the race (what would give Guam ranking points). He can get UCI points even if he gets lapped.

And Guam is going to be represented by... Dr. Peter Lombard. That must be the first doctor ever that will compete in mountain bike at the Olympics! :d He is actually an eye doctor.

Nice:d Hope he will do it!:)

5 hours ago, dcro said:

He (or someone else) needs to get 10 UCI points before they are allowed to be selected.