website statistics

Boxing 2017 Discussion Thread

bestmen

On 4/30/2017 at 12:14, Federer91 said:

Klitschko better think of retirement before he loses a few more matches. :d And he was so cautious protecting that win-loss record all those years. Now Pulev has the next shot for the IBF belt, but i thing it's almost certain that AJ will vacate it, because that match isn't as prestigious for him. Going against Wilder, Fury, even Parker is more likely. :dunno:

I hope so, like most boxing fans I guess :p  (nothing against Pulev, but I doubt most neutral boxing fans would care much for Joshua vs Pulev instead of Joshua vs Wilder/Fury/Parker)

I hope Fury because it'd be awesome if Joshua could punch the living daylight out of that idiot, whereas I hope Wilder because then Wilder would get some real opposition :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

16 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I hope so, like most boxing fans I guess :p  (nothing against Pulev, but I doubt most neutral boxing fans would care much for Joshua vs Pulev instead of Joshua vs Wilder/Fury/Parker)

I hope Fury because it'd be awesome if Joshua could punch the living daylight out of that idiot, whereas I hope Wilder because then Wilder would get some real opposition :p 

Well Pulev has earned a mandatory match for the title, whether it would be interesting or not. :evil: Belive me, i know that AJ would probably knock the stars out of him, but still he deserves his shot. Especially since there have been some random champions that have benefited from the "insert number here" organizations. For me Parker isn't better than Pulev, certanly his record is worse, but because of good managing was able to snatch one of the lesser belts. 

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Federer91 said:

European Championships this week and as with everything boxing the available information on the web is scarce. All 1/4-lists per categorie go to the World Championships.

well, this time we have a slightly better coverage than usual...

results are on the usual website (EUBC's home), so nothing new compared to the past, but at least now we have full video coverage on youtube (both Ring A and B, live and also on demand)...

by the way, new Olympic cycle, but old style robberies here and there...:facepalm:

but I didn't expect anything different...:whistle:

7 minutes ago, bestmen said:

except the world ranking , the finalists of the continental championships will qualify to the World Boxing hamburg 2017?

or just the Gold medalists ? i didn't find any rules

http://iaba.ie/site3/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/Boxing2017-AIBA-World-Boxing-Championships-Qualification-System-1.pdf

For Africa top 4.

Just now, dareza said:

ok thx this is the guide for men's , what about women ?

the african champs is running now and we have already one finalist :d