Jump to content

Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account


Sign in to follow this  
bestmen

Athletics 2017 Discussion Thread

Recommended Posts

This new event will be ridiculous...is IAAF trying to show that race walk (50km in particular) is a joke, so they will have more support when they decide to remove it? :p 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Dunadan said:

This new event will be ridiculous...is IAAF trying to show that race walk (50km in particular) is a joke, so they will have more support when they decide to remove it? :p 

It looks like IAAF doesn't even know their own sport and because of that are indeed trying to show this :rolleyes:

 

They'd better take a look at the last 50km races, which have almost all been a lot more exciting than the average major champs 100m final. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Someone's frustrated as f*ck

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New U20 WR in Peru for Pan Am U20, USA Men's 4x400m 3:00.33

 

Full results http://www.tiempodellegada.com/Results/2017/INTERNACIONAL/PANAM_U20/

 

USA wins medal table easily like always: 22 golds, 14 silvers, 18 bronze, though in 2015 they had 30 golds.

Canada has probably their best ever Pan Am U20 performance with 6 golds, 9 silver, 7 bronze. We got two National U20 records with Anastas Eliopoulos 13.36 (-0.6) in Men's 110mH, and Camryn Rogers 63.42m in Women's Hammer. Rogers now has broke her own Hammer record 5 times this year (4 competitions she broke it in, but she broke it twice today) :d

Edited by juddy96

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@OlympicIRL Hey, I have a funny story for you :d Don't know if you've noticed, but there is this athlete Snezana Bechtina, that registered to the European Veteran Championships whilst still being Lithuanian, but decided to represent Ireland in this competition and won a 400m. bronze medal in W35 category with a time of 57.52 :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Werloc said:

@OlympicIRL Hey, I have a funny story for you :d Don't know if you've noticed, but there is this athlete Snezana Bechtina, that registered to the European Veteran Championships whilst still being Lithuanian, but decided to represent Ireland in this competition and won a 400m. bronze medal in W35 category with a time of 57.52 :p

 

No I hadn't heard this, congrats to her :). I guess she is living here now? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, OlympicIRL said:

 

No I hadn't heard this, congrats to her :). I guess she is living here now? 

I believe she's been in Ireland for a while, only returning to Lithuania for some competitions and what not

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Werloc said:

@OlympicIRL Hey, I have a funny story for you :d Don't know if you've noticed, but there is this athlete Snezana Bechtina, that registered to the European Veteran Championships whilst still being Lithuanian, but decided to represent Ireland in this competition and won a 400m. bronze medal in W35 category with a time of 57.52 :p

 

To make the things funnier :d Snežana is the South Slavic name, which means Snow White :d 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Майкл said:

 

To make the things funnier :d Snežana is the South Slavic name, which means Snow White :d 

It would be 'Snieguolė' in our language :d

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×