website statistics

Athletics 2017 Discussion Thread

bestmen

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Dunadan said:

This new event will be ridiculous...is IAAF trying to show that race walk (50km in particular) is a joke, so they will have more support when they decide to remove it? :p 

It looks like IAAF doesn't even know their own sport and because of that are indeed trying to show this :rolleyes:

They'd better take a look at the last 50km races, which have almost all been a lot more exciting than the average major champs 100m final. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Someone's frustrated as f*ck

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

New U20 WR in Peru for Pan Am U20, USA Men's 4x400m 3:00.33

Full results http://www.tiempodellegada.com/Results/2017/INTERNACIONAL/PANAM_U20/

USA wins medal table easily like always: 22 golds, 14 silvers, 18 bronze, though in 2015 they had 30 golds.

Canada has probably their best ever Pan Am U20 performance with 6 golds, 9 silver, 7 bronze. We got two National U20 records with Anastas Eliopoulos 13.36 (-0.6) in Men's 110mH, and Camryn Rogers 63.42m in Women's Hammer. Rogers now has broke her own Hammer record 5 times this year (4 competitions she broke it in, but she broke it twice today) :d

Edited by juddy96

@OlympicIRL Hey, I have a funny story for you :d Don't know if you've noticed, but there is this athlete Snezana Bechtina, that registered to the European Veteran Championships whilst still being Lithuanian, but decided to represent Ireland in this competition and won a 400m. bronze medal in W35 category with a time of 57.52 :p

28 minutes ago, Werloc said:

@OlympicIRL Hey, I have a funny story for you :d Don't know if you've noticed, but there is this athlete Snezana Bechtina, that registered to the European Veteran Championships whilst still being Lithuanian, but decided to represent Ireland in this competition and won a 400m. bronze medal in W35 category with a time of 57.52 :p

No I hadn't heard this, congrats to her :). I guess she is living here now? 

15 hours ago, Werloc said:

To make the things funnier :d Snežana is the South Slavic name, which means Snow White :d