website statistics

Modern Pentathlon 2016 Discussion Thread

Vojthas

Good performances by the Mexican competitors in World Cup #3... Tamara Vega and Mariana Arceo managed to advance to women's final tomorrow... fingers crossed for Arceo to have a good finish here, since her quest for a spot in the Olympics was hindered by lack of resources by the Mexican federation and government :facepalm:

In the men's competition. Ismael Hernandez had a bad day, but on the good hand both Jorge Inzunza and Alvaro Sandoval advance to the final, so I also wish for them to collect as many points as they can and see if they can make take a second ticket for Mexico.

Great result for Schöneborn again, she has become extremely consistent this year, everything but gold in Rio now would be disappointing.

At the moment Schleu is much better than Kohlmann, but for some reason Kohlmann is already qualified for Rio ...

I am happy to see that we seem to get better on the mens side, Zillekens always has been a big talent, but now he seems to finally become consistent on senior level.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, thepharoah said:

any live stream for WC final ? 

Unfortunately only uipmtv.org

Don't trust the schedule too much. Yesterday it was supposed to start 21:30 GMT and it started 1,5 hour earlier, so at the scheduled time it was already over. Of course they changed the scheduled time after starting the stream, so that no one can see it back right now. I think it will start about :19:30-20:00 GMT, but don't expect much - only summary of swimming, fencing and a few last rides before the only LIVE event - the combined.

Every year the stream is getting worse, thank God it's OBS which will rule Rio coverage, not the current media team of UIPM. Before London Olympics they used to show everything, after Rio there was a little bit less, but still they showed the results of riding as the riders were competing, not only after the event, and the time splits during combined. Last year it looked quite good, though the shooting range view didn't always worked good, now it's only what I wrote above. And they resigned from youtube, where you could chat with others (not only fans, but also athletes who didn't compete were writing there sometimes), now there is nothing. To be honest, for me junior competitions in Hungary are better covered than World Cups, despite having only one camera for the whole competition.

• 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, LDOG said:

wow, voting for the logo of a modern pentathlon competition. I'm sure the masses out there are desperate to take part.

Drinks all over my desk thanks to this post, thanks a lot :rofl:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!