website statistics

Modern Pentathlon 2016 Discussion Thread

Vojthas

I voted for the second one by the way, because it doesn't show the athletes but the "playing fields" and I like it :) 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

First one is almost a copy of European Confederation logo, second is unique, because it shows the sports, not the athletes, but personally I don't like it, third is quite pretty. BTW, mine didn't get into final :(FUrTb6E.jpg

20 hours ago, dcro said:

I also voted for 2nd! The ugliest logo (3rd) is leading though. 3rd is too generic.

Yeah, but it has amber stone in it which is national "stone" of Lithuania so people tend to vote for stuff like that. The mascot fro Eurobasket in LTU "amber-man" was selected throughout public voting as well

17 hours ago, Vojthas said:

First one is almost a copy of European Confederation logo, second is unique, because it shows the sports, not the athletes, but personally I don't like it, third is quite pretty. BTW, mine didn't get into final :(FUrTb6E.jpg

Well that water spalsh is symbol of Druskininkai city. Although I don't like it personally.

Cool, you participated. Sadly you did not get picked :( Although the biggest amount of foreign works was received from Egypt :d

20 hours ago, LDOG said:

wow, voting for the logo of a modern pentathlon competition. I'm sure the masses out there are desperate to take part.

But it is popular in Lithuania, so no need to bash it so hard :d

• 3 weeks later...

European Championships in Sofia

We are after relays.

Women: 1. :BLR Arol/Prasiantsova, 2. :GER Kohlmann/Döring, 3. :HUN Alekszejev/Boros

Men: 1. :RUS Lesun/Savkin, 2. :CZE Bilko/Polivka, 3. :POL Stasiak/Świderski

Mixed 1. :CZE Dianova/Kuf, 2. :RUS Rimsaite/Savkin 3. :ITA Bonessio/Franceschini

Dnia 7.07.2016 o 00:23, Vojthas napisał:

European Championships in Sofia

We are after relays.

Women: 1. :BLR Arol/Prasiantsova, 2. :GER Kohlmann/Döring, 3. :HUN Alekszejev/Boros

Men: 1. :RUS Lesun/Savkin, 2. :CZE Bilko/Polivka, 3. :POL Stasiak/Świderski

Mixed 1. :CZE Dianova/Kuf, 2. :RUS Rimsaite/Savkin 3. :ITA Bonessio/Franceschini

So sad that Stasiak will not compete in Rio :(

Laura Asadauskaite won Euroepan Championships, as well as she did four years ago before London Olympics. Anyone has any doubts, who is going to win in Rio? Well, I do - Lena Schöneborn didn't start, as well as Földházi (foot injury during National Championships a few weeks ago), Kovács (qualified but resigned to start in the final due to back ache at the end of qualification), Clouvel (top French athletes didn't come), Rimsaite (started only in relays), Chen (she's not from Europe :p).

2nd place for Gubaydullina, 3rd for Özyüksel

Edited by Vojthas

Jan Kuf European Champion, Kasza 2nd, De Luca 3rd. Almost all the world should regret, that Kasza won't start in Rio (Poland is the exception, because thanks to that we have our athlete in men's event).