website statistics

Speed Skating 2016 - 2017 Discussion Thread

hckošice

3 hours ago, VolleyRuller96 said:

Wow, pretty nice results for :NZL in men's team 1500 so far :) 2nd place of 5 teams so far in their historic debut (?) in group A

I just noticed it's not actually they're debut :p 

They competed in the 2013-14 season (both Dobbin brothers once with Daniel Nation and once with Reyon Kay), but there were no A/B-divisions in the team pursuit at that time :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Pedro Causil finished 9th in the B-division with another big improvement in his time, which means the very first Colombian World Cup point ever in a normal event (distances instead of that completely senseless mass start) :bowdown:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Pedro Causil finished 9th in the B-division with another big improvement in his time, which means the very first Colombian World Cup point ever in a normal event (distances instead of that completely senseless mass start) :bowdown:

but your team again will win million medals 2018 :d

1 minute ago, dareza said:

but your team again will win million medals 2018 :d

I really hope we will completely dominate the mass start...I know it won't happen, but if it does, that would be a great chance to get rid of that idiot event immediatly :lol:

And realistically speaking, a repeat of Sochi is of course extremely unlikely :p 

Edited by heywoodu

Roman Krech finishes 11th and Kulizhnikov wins. We're back to normal :p 

5 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

And realistically speaking, a repeat of Sochi is of course extremely unlikely :p 

I don't think that  anyone expected Netherlands to do so well in Sochi so... I don't see how it is extremely unlikely now. :p

Edited by dcro

#banbestmen

2 minutes ago, dareza said:

Mika Poutala is good. He always was good or?

He has been very good for a very long time, with ups and downs in between :p 

Sort of like a B-version of Pekka Koskela, who was sometimes amazing (like all of a sudden breaking the 1000m WR when nobody was even paying real attention), and in other times just didn't seem interested and finished like 15th.