website statistics

Speed Skating 2016 - 2017 Discussion Thread

hckošice

The season is finally getting underway for real :woohoo::woohoo:

World Cup in Harbin, China, started earlier today with the B-division in three distances. Starting in 2 minutes, these three distances will have the A-divisions (the real deal): women's 500m, men's 5000m (let's go Peter Michael :woohoo:), women's 3000m. 

In case anyone is interested, Dutch public TV shows all A-divisions live here (don't know if it works outside NED) :p

http://nos.nl/livestream/2141922-schaatsen-wb-harbin.html

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 hours ago, heywoodu said:

In case anyone is interested, Dutch public TV shows all A-divisions live here (don't know if it works outside NED) :p

http://nos.nl/livestream/2141922-schaatsen-wb-harbin.html

Us, mere mortals, have ISU channel for that. :p

#banbestmen

6 minutes ago, dcro said:

Us, mere mortals, have ISU channel for that. :p

Oh, didn't know that existed too :d 

Edit: Wait, I do. I just forgot. I sometimes watch it when the most annoying of our annoying commentators is spewing his boring crap on the Dutch stream :p 

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Three Colombians in Harbin tomorrow :d 

Pedro Causil in the 500m B-division, just like last season. He seems to have improved a lot, so I hope he can qualify for the A-division. Andres Campo will debut in the mass start A-division after being in one B-race last season and Daniel Zapata will be in the mass start B-division :) 

http://live.isuresults.eu/2016-2017/harbin/

As for today: little surprising win for Nao Kodaira in the women's 500m, where she and compatriot Maki Tsuji showed strong form already. All Dutch girls, Vanessa Herzog (ex-Bittner) and Hong Zhang were somewhat disappointing. 

Martina Sablikova of course won the 3000m, although Marije Joling, Ivanie Blondin and Antoinette de Jong gave a good fight. So did Ireen Wüst in a direct race against Sablikova, but as always, she lost too much time in the last 2 laps (she was ahead until then) :p 

Sven Kramer won the 5000m after of course a fight with Jorrit Bergsma :p  Erik Jan Kooiman had a nice fight with the very talented New Zealander Peter Michael and took 3rd place. 

12 minutes ago, rybak said:

I don't know if it's an mistake or true (at least no news in our media) but it looks like Sebastian Druszkiewicz changed nationality to Czech :(

Yes he got Czech citizenship last year but ISU yet didn´t allowed him to compete untill this season.

edit: I see that he already competedlast January in Stavanger.

11 minutes ago, rybak said:

I don't know if it's an mistake or true (at least no news in our media) but it looks like Sebastian Druszkiewicz changed nationality to Czech :(

He already competed for CZE since last season. Well, he didn't compete at all in all of 2015, but at the end of last season he started competing for CZE. I guess because he has been a member of Sablikova's team for quite a while now.

3 minuty temu, hckosice napisał:

Yes he got Czech citizenship last year but ISU yet heven´t allowed him to compete untill this season.

2 minuty temu, heywoodu napisał:

He already competed for CZE since last season. Well, he didn't compete at all in all of 2015, but at the end of last season he started competing for CZE. I guess because he has been a member of Sablikova's team for quite a while now.

So sad, we lost good skater :( Hopefully he will feel good among Czechs and will get more chances for competing in World Cups.

4 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

because he has been a member of Sablikova's team for quite a while now.

exactly, it´s the reason I found in many czech articles about his Nationality changements reasons

http://sport.idnes.cz/rychlobruslar-druszkiewicz-cesko-d5w-/sporty.aspx?c=A151209_153437_sporty_tof