website statistics

Short Track Speed Skating 2016 - 2017 Discussion Thread

hckošice

• 2 weeks later...

Nine time European champion (and triple WCH medalist) Jorien ter Mors has finally made the decision to focus fully on long track speed skating. Although short track is her biggest love, she knows in long track she has much more potential (she already won a gold medal there in Sochi - apart from the team pursuit gold). "It's like ending a 12-year long relationship, where you still love someone, but the right feeling just isn't there anymore" were here words :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
11 minutes ago, Quasit said:

Does nobody care about short track and Hungary's shot at medals next year here? :d

I cheered for that in both 2010 and 2014. And it didn't happen...

But I guess 2018 might finally be the year. :d (not like I thought that before Sochi too :p)

#banbestmen

15 minutes ago, Quasit said:

Does nobody care about short track and Hungary's shot at medals next year here? :d

I only know Sjinkie Knegt really does not like those Hungarian Liu brothers and wants to beat them more than anyone else :d 

It was fun to see Viktor Knoch luck his way through especially Saturday and it was a nice championships overall. Three moves will really stick with me, one of Knegt that pretty much decided the relay final right after NED dropped to 4th with a terrible hand-over, one of Seo Yi-ra in I believe the 1000m final and one of Elise Christie of which I don't have a gif :p 

Knegt:

Spoiler

uy17PPN.gif

Seo:

Spoiler

TNEXQUd.gif

Both of those were just...absolutely beautiful :bowdown:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!