Jump to content

Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account


leli.

[OFF TOPIC] Happy Holidays and Birthdays Thread

Recommended Posts

So,presents are given on Christmas day,not on New Years Eve?

To all who celebrate,Merry Christmas!:hatoff:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, ChandlerMne said:

So,presents are given on Christmas day,not on New Years Eve?

To all who celebrate,Merry Christmas!:hatoff:

Yes. Most everyone gets drunk, wasted, gerarded on New Years Eve

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm happy to report that I've won a family monopoly game. :p

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 ore fa, Olympian1010 ha scritto:

Yes. Most everyone gets drunk, wasted, gerarded on New Years Eve

 

the same here in Italy...

Christmas is pretty much a Family festivity with religious and goodwill Spirit all around...

New Year's Eve is definitely a friends and fun festivity...no difference if you stay at home or if you go out for dinner and the following activities (open air concerts and fireworks in the main square of each city rather than to the "Eighties' fashion" trip to a discoteque)...

 

p.s my Christmas lunch

 

"entry" dish

http://www.vissanasalumi.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/img.jpg

tortellini (stuffed with ham) with Pachino tomatoes sausage

https://ips.plug.it/cips/buonissimo.org/cms/2012/02/tortellini-al-sugo.jpg?w=713&a=c&h=407

some fruit (fresh mango and mixed dried fruit)

https://www.greenme.it/immagini/mangiare/alimentazione-salute/mango.jpg

http://www.teatronaturale.it/media/img/cibo/2017/mix_frutta_secca.jpg

and finally, Panettone and Spumante (the Italian kind of Champagne, but better, imho :whistle:)

http://www.marraweb.it/mw/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/panettone_tradizionale.jpg

http://cantinedelcerro.it/web/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/spumante.jpg

 

p.p.s. now I just can't get through my house's doors anymore...:yikes::roflmao:  :rofl::facepalm:

Edited by phelps
typo
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 horas atrás, heywoodu disse:

Yesterday night (but probably today again, and tomorrow when we're visiting the whole family :p ), with the main part being a good-sized barbecued piece of picanha :wub: @vinipereira @thiago_simoes

 

There was also some salad, green beans wrapped in bacon, carpaccio for starters and some sort of potatoes baked in the oven. And 'bell pepper soup' which is not the favourite of someone like me who does not like bell pepper :p 

 


Wow, I'm surprised you like it. I hate churrasco, barbecue or meat in general. Not a vegetarian, but I avoid eating meat as much as I can. And pleeeease don't invite me to a barbecue. Ever. And I hate bacon as well (yes, I'm a weird guy). I'm in for the baked potatoes and salad, though, and now I'm curious about how bell pepper soup tastes like.

Edit: I was going to ask if you've had sopa de ervilha (pea soup). I thought it was a typical Brazilian dish, but according to Wikipedia it is actually a typical Dutch dish! Color me surprised! You guys have very good taste. One of the few times I eat bacon is when it is added to pea soup (and the sliced sausages that go with it are delicious as well).

 

Edited by thiago_simoes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, thiago_simoes said:


Wow, I'm surprised you like it. I hate churrasco, barbecue or meat in general. Not a vegetarian, but I avoid eating meat as much as I can. And pleeeease don't invite me to a barbecue. Ever. And I hate bacon as well (yes, I'm a weird guy). I'm in for the baked potatoes and salad, though, and now I'm curious about how bell pepper soup tastes like.

Edit: I was going to ask if you've had sopa de ervilha (pea soup). I thought it was a typical Brazilian dish, but according to Wikipedia it is actually a typical Dutch dish! Color me surprised! You guys have very good taste. One of the few times I eat bacon is when it is added to pea soup (and the sliced sausages that go with it are delicious as well).

 

 

Yeah, pea soup (or 'erwtensoep/snert') is very much Dutch indeed, I like it :d (depending on how it's made, I like the one my mom makes, like almost everyone likes the one their mom makes :p )

 

As for meat: I have nothing against vegetarians, but I am a big carnivore. You can wake me up for a good steak in the middle of the night :wub: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any good Christmas cracker jokes this year? :d 

I got a "cracker" this year....

"What's got 4 wheels and flies?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, OlympicIRL said:

Any good Christmas cracker jokes this year? :d 

I got a "cracker" this year....

"What's got 4 wheels and flies?"

 

No idea, I´m very bad in this,  but now I am curious :d

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×