website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Happy Holidays and Birthdays Thread

leli.

3 minutes ago, Shravan Kumar said:

Is it the Eastern Orthodox Christmas or something like that.

I know that! ;)

I wrote "those who celebrate today" only because I'm not one of them (actually, today here in Italy it's the first day after the end of the X'mas/New Year's vacation...the second worst day of the year, just behind the first day after the end of the Summer break :facepalm:)

Edited by phelps

10 minutes ago, phelps said:

I know that! ;)

I wrote "those who celebrate today" only because I'm not one of them (actually, today here in Italy it's the first day after the end of the X'mas/New Year's vacation...the second worst day of the year, just behind the first day after the end of the Summer break :facepalm:)

No man. I was seriously asking as I didn't know about it before 15 days, ( I read a NGC article).

1 hour ago, Shravan Kumar said:

No man. I was seriously asking as I didn't know about it before 15 days, ( I read a NGC article).

OK, it was a misunderstanding, then...as I didn't see the question mark...;)

however, yes...it's the Christian Orthodox Church (mainly based in Eastern Europe, but with small communities well established also in the rest of the Continent and wherever the Diaspora from those Countries has chosen to live) celebrating their Christams Day (which comes about 2 weeks later than the rest of Cristianity because they still use the ancient Julian calendar and never accepted to adopt the "newer" Gregorian calendar used by all the other Christian communities)...